This is a very rare bird … a Beaune Les Bressandes Blanc. It’s made by Frederic Cossard and presumably from a plot in the village part of the vineyard i.e. the northern end of Les Bressandes just on the border to Beaune L’Ecu. The bouquet offer a lovely pure and quite exotic fruit .. rich and citrus infused with a sandy minerality underneath the ample fruit. On the palate quite rich for a white Cossard … it’s fruity, quite airy … with a lovely nerve. A very interesting wine with it’s richness and creamy textures … hmm need to taste this again at some point.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Frederic Cossard, Beaune Les Bressandes Blanc 2014 January 10, 2016
- Frederic Cossard, Puligny Montrachet 2010 February 16, 2013
- Frederic Cossard, Puligny Montrachet 2010 November 29, 2012
- Frederic Cossard, Morey Saint Denis Les Mont Luisants 2010 February 20, 2012
- Frederic Cossard, Beaune 1er cru 2008 December 30, 2011
- Frederic Cossard Vosne Romanee Les Champs Perdrix 2009 July 22, 2011
- Frederic Cossard Saint Romain 2008 July 22, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...