The Puligny Montrachet village from Frederic Cossard is a very good wine … but still very young.
In the nose white and yellow orchard fruits with a hint of citrus. On the palate a quite rich aromatic profile with rather dense yellow fruit – balanced with a quite powerful acidity and a good but not impressive minerality. Seems a bit confused at the moment, with a yin/yang effect between the rich aromatic fruit and the quite powerfull citrus/acidity in the finish. Need some time to integrate – but a very good effort.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Prices and store information is provided by wine-searcher.com
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Frederic Cossard, Puligny Montrachet 2010 February. 16. 2013
- Frederic Cossard, Puligny Montrachet 2010 November. 29. 2012
- Frederic Cossard, Morey Saint Denis Les Mont Luisants 2010 February. 20. 2012
- Frederic Cossard, Beaune 1er cru 2008 December. 30. 2011
- Frederic Cossard Vosne Romanee Les Champs Perdrix 2009 July. 22. 2011
- Frederic Cossard Saint Romain 2008 July. 22. 2011
- WineHog rating system – articulated Robert Parker!! I use my own 100 point rating system here at Winehog.org. Compared with other rating systems used by Robert Parker, Wine Spectator, Allen Meadows (BurgHound), I have more steps between 85 points and 100 points. The change of the rating system is due to the need to separate the many really good and fine wines rated ...