The Clos de la Bussiere is normally a quite soft and very pleasent wine, compared to Roumiers more mineral driven Chambolle wines. This was aldo the case with the 2009 edition of Clos de la Bussiere. It showed some raspberry aromas in the bouquet, but otherwise mostly quite dense and dark notes. On the palate also quite dense and dark fruit, with a rather limited minerality. Lacks some of the red druits and freshness found in the Chambolle Combottes, but still a good effort from Roumier.
(Drink from 2020) Very Good – 88p
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Morey-Saint-Denis Clos de la Bussiere 2015 February 19, 2018
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Chambolle Musigny Les Combottes 2015 February 14, 2018
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Ruchottes Chambertin 2007 September 28, 2017
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Morey Clos de la Bussiére 2013 September 10, 2016
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Chambolle Les Cras 2014 June 5, 2016
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Bonnes Mares 2014 May 30, 2016
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Bonnes Mares 2002 April 28, 2016
- Domain Georges Roumier, Chambolle Les Amoureuses 2002 February 28, 2016
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Chambolle Musigny 2004 February 25, 2016
- Domaine Roumier, Chambolle Musigny 2012 February 21, 2016
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Bonnes Mares 1996 January 30, 2016
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Bonnes Mares 1998 January 24, 2016
- Georges Roumier, Chambolle Les Cras 2002 May 31, 2015
- Georges Roumier, Chambolle Les Cras 2007 May 30, 2015
- Georges Roumier, Chambolle Les Combottes 2007 May 29, 2015
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Chambolle Musigny 2007 May 22, 2015
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Bonnes Mares 2006 May 19, 2015
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Chambolle-Musigny Les Cras 2012 February 28, 2015
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Chambolle Les Cras 2007 January 12, 2015
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Clos de Vougeot 1996 January 11, 2015
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Morey Clos de la Bussiere 2012 December 28, 2014
- Domaine Georges Roumier, Chambolle Les Combottes 2012 December 26, 2014
- Georges Roumier, Bonnes Mares 2011 October 13, 2014
- Domaine George Roumier, Musigny 1990 September 22, 2014
- Georges Roumier, Morey Clos de la Bussiere 2009 September 3, 2014
- Georges Roumier, Chambolle Musigny Les Cras 2011 March 15, 2014
- Georges Roumier, Chambolle Les Cras 2006 February 18, 2014
- Georges Roumier, Morey-Saint-Denis Clos de la Bussiere 2011 February 12, 2014
- Georges Roumier, Bonnes Mares 2004 December 23, 2013
- Georges Roumier, Chambolle Musigny Les Combottes 2009 October 25, 2013
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Georges Roumier, Bonnes Mares The Georges Roumier Bonnes Mares is perhaps the most famous and acclaimed wine from this large Grand Cru. In a sense the Roumier is the Bonnes Mares benchmark wine – a wine that sort of defines the terroir in more than one sense, and also the variation in the expression of the terroir. While other great wines ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Georges-Roumier, Charmes-Chambertin “Aux Mazoyères” Domaine Georges Roumier, Charmes-Chambertin … nothing is ever simple in Burgundy – and writing about this wine does involve a bit of good Bourgundian name complexity. This wine is sold under two labels – Christophe Roumier, Charmes-Chambertin “Aux Mazoyères” and Jean-Pierre Mathieu Charmes-Chambertin “Aux Mazoyères”. The plot is owned by Jean-Pierre Mathieu, and Christophe Roumier of Domaine ...
- Vineyard Insight: Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses is the delight of Burgundy … filigree, sensual, cool and refined. The female pendant to Musigny with the same type of regal minerality – yet more delicate and lightfooted – without the sheer power and depth of the mighty Musigny. By heart it’s a 1er cru – and while many argue that it ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Roumier Chambolle Musigny Les Amoureuses Les Amoureuses is mythical and regardless of the producer always difficult to find. The most difficult to acquire seems to be the very rare bird from Domaine Georges Roumier – the 7th largest owner of this prestigious 1er cru. I have rarely tasted Les Amoueuses from Roumier .. but the ones I have enjoyed have been ...
- Matching the big crus – from Chambolle to Le Chambertin One rarely taste four evenly matched grand crus from the top end on a saturday afternoon. This was nevertheles the case today when Clos de Tart, Bonnes Mares from Vogüé and Roumier were opened with the Chambertin from Trapet. All wines were from the 2013 vintage .. young – surprisingly open and forward on this fine ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Georges Roumier, Musigny The Musigny from Domaine Georges Roumier is one of the most rare mythical wines from Burgundy. With an annual production of around 350 bottles per year it often reaches stratospheric prices on the secondary market rivalling some of the most expensive bottles from DRC. So lets take a closer look at the terroir behind this fabled ...
- Georges Roumier – Producer Profile Domaine Georges Roumier is one of the very best producers in Chambolle Musigny. Georges Roumier is producing a quite big selection of red Burgundies, from village Chambolle Musigny to Musigny Grand Cru – and all the wines are normally among the very best wines from the terroir. Georges Roumier is one of the legendary produceres in ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...