The Clos de la Roche 2003 from Hubert Lignier is a quite drinkable 2003. Made from 35 to 45 year old vines located in Monts Luisants. In the bouquet cherries, blue berries, strawberries and prune with a hint of sous bois. On te palate quite finely balanced with a good focus. The tannins are silky but is providing some structure together with the fine minerality. The fruit is slightly stewed – aromas of very ripe/slighly overripe fruit – typical 2003. The old school Lignier style suits this vintage … not a great wine though … but a quite enjoyable 2003.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Hubert Lignier, Clos de la Roche 1996 December 19, 2015
- Hubert Lignier, Morey-Saint-Denis Tres Girard 2012 March 11, 2015
- Hubert Lignier, Clos de la Roche 1996 January 4, 2015
- Hubert Lignier, Morey-Saint-Denis Tres Girard 2011 March 4, 2014
- Hubert Lignier, Clos de la Roche 1999 November 7, 2013
- Hubert Lignier, Morey-Saint-Denis 1er cru VV. 2002 October 3, 2013
- Hubert Lignier, Clos de la Roche 2002 December 29, 2012
- Hubert Lignier, Clos de la Roche 2003 December 5, 2012
- Hubert Lignier, Morey-Saint-Denis 1er cru 1999 July 21, 2012
- Hubert Lignier, Clos de la Roche 1999 March 7, 2012
- Sips and Samples – week 43 – 2011 October 28, 2011
- Hubert Lignier, Clos de la Roche 2002 September 20, 2011
- Clos de la Roche – the core of Morey-Saint-Denis I have so far neglected the Morey-Saint-Denis appellation in my vineyard research .. but now its time to take on the wolves. Morey-Saint-Denis have several Grand Crus to offer .. Clos de Tart, a part of Bonnes Mares, Clos Saint Denis and Clos des Lambrays …but the signature wine of Morey is in my book somehow ...
- Vineyard Insight: Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Didiers There are many vineyards in Burgundy, and even quite highly regarded 1er crus can be almost unknown, if the owners and vignerons producing the wines are under the market radar. Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Didiers is one of these 1er crus … located in the northern part of Premeaux-Prissey, just south of the border to Nuits-Saint-Georges. This 2.84 ha ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...