The Clos de la Roche 2003 from Hubert Lignier is a quite drinkable 2003. Made from 35 to 45 year old vines located in Monts Luisants. In the bouquet cherries, blue berries, strawberries and prune with a hint of sous bois. On te palate quite finely balanced with a good focus. The tannins are silky but is providing some structure together with the fine minerality. The fruit is slightly stewed – aromas of very ripe/slighly overripe fruit – typical 2003. The old school Lignier style suits this vintage … not a great wine though … but a quite enjoyable 2003.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Hubert Lignier, Clos de la Roche 1996 January 4, 2015
- Hubert Lignier, Morey-Saint-Denis Tres Girard 2011 March 4, 2014
- Hubert Lignier, Clos de la Roche 1999 November 7, 2013
- Hubert Lignier, Morey-Saint-Denis 1er cru VV. 2002 October 3, 2013
- Hubert Lignier, Clos de la Roche 2002 December 29, 2012
- Hubert Lignier, Clos de la Roche 2003 December 5, 2012
- Hubert Lignier, Morey-Saint-Denis 1er cru 1999 July 21, 2012
- Hubert Lignier, Clos de la Roche 1999 March 7, 2012
- Sips and Samples – week 43 – 2011 October 28, 2011
- Hubert Lignier, Clos de la Roche 2002 September 20, 2011
- WineHog rating system – articulated Robert Parker!! Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...