Five years since I last tasted the 2009 Chambolle village from J.-F. Mugnier. Made from vines in the two vineyards – Les Plantes (1er cru) and La Combe d’Orveau (the village part). It’s still a very delicate and charming wine – and is developping beautifully with the sweet ripe notes being pushed in the background by more complex maturing notes. The bouquet offer fine ripe pinot fruit with notes of pomegranete, cherries and some asian spices – perhaps even a small hint of sous-bois. On the palate delicate and quite silky fruit – seductive and lawish. Still need time to unfold …
(Drink from 2022) – Very Good (89p) – Tasted 13/12/2017
Tasting Notes for this producer
- J.-F. Mugnier, Chambolle Musigny 2009 December 24, 2017
- J.-F. Mugnier, Chambolle Musigny Les Fuees 2008 February 24, 2017
- J.-F. Mugnier, Nuits-Saint-Georges Clos des Fourches 2007 October 21, 2016
- J.-F. Mugnier, Nuits-St-Georges Clos de la Marechale 2011 Blanc September 24, 2015
- J.-F. Mugnier, Chambolle-Musigny Les Fuees 2011 June 19, 2014
- J.-F. Mugnier, Nuits-Saint-Georges Clos de la Marechale 2008 April 3, 2014
- J.-F. Mugnier, Chambolle Musigny 2008 March 27, 2014
- J.-F. Mugnier, Nuits Saint Georges Clos de la Marechale 2010 February 13, 2014
- J.-F. Mugnier, Nuits-Saint-Georges Clos de la Marechale 2011 November 12, 2013
- Domaine J.-F. Mugnier, Musigny 2012 October 27, 2013
- Domaine J.-F. Mugnier, Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses 2012 October 27, 2013
- Domaine J.-F. Mugnier, Bonnes Mares 2012 October 27, 2013
- Domaine J.-F. Mugnier, Nuits Clos de la Marechale 2012 October 27, 2013
- Domaine J.-F. Mugnier, Chambolle-Musigny Les Fuees 2012 October 27, 2013
- Domaine J.-F. Mugnier, Chambolle Musigny 2012 October 27, 2013
- Domaine J.-F. Mugnier, Nuits Clos de la Marechale Blanc 2012 October 27, 2013
- J.-F. Mugnier, Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses 2004 October 26, 2013
- J.-F. Mugnier, Chambolle Musigny Les Fuees 2002 September 22, 2013
- J.-F. Mugnier, Nuits-Saint-Georges Clos de la Marechale 2007 September 18, 2013
- J.-F. Mugnier, Nuits Saint Georges Clos de la Marechale 2010 August 21, 2013
- J.-F. Mugnier, Chambolle Musigny 2009 September 29, 2012
- J.-F. Mugnier, Nuit Saint Georges Clos de la Marechale 2008 March 17, 2012
- J.-F. Mugnier, Nuit Saint Georges Clos de la Marechale 2007 March 16, 2012
- J.-F. Mugnier, Nuit Saint Georges Clos de la Marechale 2006 March 9, 2012
- J.-F. Mugnier, Chambolle Musigny 2008 February 22, 2012
- Vineyard Insight: Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses is the delight of Burgundy … filigree, sensual, cool and refined. The female pendant to Musigny with the same type of regal minerality – yet more delicate and lightfooted – without the sheer power and depth of the mighty Musigny. By heart it’s a 1er cru – and while many argue that it ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Mugnier Chambolle Musigny Les Amoureuses Les Amoureuses …. a name signaling passion and desire. It’s one of the most sought after wines in Burgundy – indeed difficult to find despite a quite healthy production from the multiple owners and quite a few negociants that also produce this seductive Chambolle 1er cru. One of the top interpretations of Les Amoureuses comes from ...
- Visit Domaine J.-F. Mugnier – tasting of the 2015 vintage It’s always a special experience to visit Domaine J.-F. Mugnier in Chambolle Musigny. The wines are magnificent, and Frédéric Mugnier is one of the most interesting people in Burgundy – with some very clear views and perspectives on the world of Burgundy. There is however a challenge – as rating the wines at this stage is ...
- 2015 impressions – the two last days of a lovely week On the last two days of my Burgundy trip I had five tastings. Domaine Faiveley, Domaine Pascal Bouley, Maison Camille Giroud, Domaine des Croix and last but not least Domaine J.-F. Mugnier in Chambolle Musigny. All visits offered lovely 2015s .. confirming the findings from the tastings done earlier on the week. Again please note .. ...
- Vineyard Insight: Musigny – ownership maps Musigny is in my view one of the greatest Grand Crus in Burgundy rivalling at least some of the Grand Crus of Vosne-Romanee. While Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé is the dominant owner on Musigny with almost 70% of the vineyard, the rest of the vineyard is divided between 10 owners. The Musigny Grand Cru has ...
- Clos de la Maréchale – The largest monopole in Burgundy Clos de la Maréchale is a Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er cru and the largest monopole in Burgundy … surpassing both Clos de Tart and Clos des Lambrays in Morey-Saint-Denis. During many years Clos de la Maréchale was under the radar of many Burgundy collectors, but when Frédéric Mugnier of Domaine J.-F. Mugnier took over the vinification it ...
- Mugnier to hold back Musigny for maturing at the domaine Frédéric Mugnier has decided to hold back his Musigny for later release in order to assure that the wines are first enjoyed when they begin to show at least some of the potential. The letter from Frederic Mugnier can be seen below … and is well worth reading. I have seen quite many interpretations of Frédéric Mugniers ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine J.-F. Mugnier Musigny Frédéric Mugnier is in my view producing some of the most enchanting wines of Burgundy – delicate, complex and sensual. Top of the Mugnier line is the mighty Musigny, so lets take a closer look at the terroir behind this magnificent wine. Photo: Frédéric Mugnier in 2013 at the tasting of the 2012 vintage from cask The Mugnier ...