The Krug Vintage 1979 needs your love and care! Straight from the bottle the nose is quite closed with some .. less attractive oxidative notes. But given time in the glass it develops into a wonderful mature champagne. In the bouquet notes of apricot, bread and almonds. On the palate the classic Krug style with a masculine and quite dominant acidity structure, very good length and fruit. This is classic Krug – I really enjoyed this champagne – but it needs time in the glass to show all it’s glory.
(Drink Now) Outstanding – 95p
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Krug, Vintage 2000 September 17, 2012
- Krug, Grande Cuvee September 16, 2012
- Krug, Vintage 1998 September 15, 2012
- Krug, Vintage 1979 October 15, 2011
- Krug, Vintage 1998 August 12, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...