The Krug Vintage 1998 is a poverful and almost massive Champagne. In the bouquet apple, ripe peach, yeast, white bread with notes of citrus. On the palate it’s dense and powerfull with layers of quite heavy fruit. It’s delicate with a lovely fine mousse, and quite refined with layers of pure ripe fruit. Offering quite more ripe notes and more complexity than the Grande Cuvee. For me it’s however lacking a bit of nerve and freshness compared with great Vintage Krug like 1990, 1988, 1979 and 1973. A outstanding effort for the vintage.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Krug, Vintage 2000 September 17, 2012
- Krug, Grande Cuvee September 16, 2012
- Krug, Vintage 1998 September 15, 2012
- Krug, Vintage 1979 October 15, 2011
- Krug, Vintage 1998 August 12, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...