The Beaune Clos des Ursules 1996 from Jadot has entered a matured stage. The nose offer lovely red forest berries, sous-bois with hints of truffle and citrus. On the palate quite rich and cool fruit with a fine backbone from the citrus infused acidity of the 1996 vintage. It’s very harmonious for a 1996 with rounded tannins and a nice earthy minerality – quite elegant and refined without the somwhat rustic notes found in some 1996s. Will keep 10 years more – but is already a great glass of matured pinot – love the fine match between the rich earthy terroir and the crisp acidity of the vintage.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Louis Jadot, Batard-Montrachet 1996 January 5, 2018
- Louis Jadot, Savigny Les Beaune 1er cru 2008 September 2, 2016
- Maison Louis Jadot, Bonnes Mares 1962 January 24, 2016
- Maison Louis Jadot, Beaune Les Avaux 1999 January 17, 2016
- Louis Jadot, Chambertin Clos de Béze 1996 October 18, 2015
- Louis Jadot, Volnay Santenots 1980 June 28, 2015
- Louis Jadot, Gevrey Chambertin Clos Saint-Jacques 1996 July 16, 2014
- Louis Jadot, Gevrey Chambertin Clos Saint Jacques 1990 January 6, 2014
- Louis Jadot, Beaune Clos des Ursules 1990 November 25, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Beaune Clos des Ursules 1996 August 31, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Chassagne-Montrachet Morgeot 1996 January 29, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Meursault Genevrieres 1999 January 17, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Meursault Blagny 1988 January 16, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Batard Montrachet 1995 September 16, 2011
- Louis Jadot Les Cazetiers 1990 June 27, 2011
- Louis Jadot Beaune Coucheraux 1955 June 27, 2011
- Louis Jadot Chassagne Les Caillerets 1989 June 27, 2011
- Vineyard Insight: Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses is the delight of Burgundy … filigree, sensual, cool and refined. The female pendant to Musigny with the same type of regal minerality – yet more delicate and lightfooted – without the sheer power and depth of the mighty Musigny. By heart it’s a 1er cru – and while many argue that it ...
- Terroir Insight: Maison Louis Jadot, Musigny The Musigny from Louis Jadot is somehow a bit overlooked, but nevertheless produced on a plot next to one of the most hyped Musigny’s – the rare and very expensive Musigny from Domaine Georges Roumier. Louis Jadot began to make wine from the current plot of Musigny in 1985 – but even before this Musigny Grand ...
- Chevalier-Montrachet Les Demoiselles and the 1861 classification dateOne rarely see plots, sections or vineyards promoted to Grand Cru in Burgundy – the classification is very stable although some changes have been seen over the years. La Grande Rue was promoted to Grand Cru in 1992 and Clos des Lambrays was promoted to Grand Cru in 1981. In 1929 a part of Chambolle Musigny ...