The Meursault Blagny 1988 from Louis Jadot is slightly past it’s peak – but still very much drinkable. In the bouquet complex mature fruit notes with hints of coffee, butterscotch and honey. The oxidation is starting to show, with some notes of old belle de boskoop apples – not a big problem now, but it’s indicating – drink now. On the palate quite rich buttery fruit for a 1988, with a good fresh backbone acidity. Lovely balanced and quite elegant – a very good fully mature Burgundy.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Prices and store information is provided by wine-searcher.com
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Louis Jadot, Chassagne-Montrachet Morgeot 1996 January. 29. 2013
- Louis Jadot, Meursault Genevrieres 1999 January. 17. 2013
- Louis Jadot, Meursault Blagny 1988 January. 16. 2013
- Louis Jadot, Batard Montrachet 1995 September. 16. 2011
- Louis Jadot Les Cazetiers 1990 June. 27. 2011
- Louis Jadot Beaune Coucheraux 1955 June. 27. 2011
- Louis Jadot Chassagne Les Caillerets 1989 June. 27. 2011
- WineHog rating system – articulated Robert Parker!! I use my own 100 point rating system here at Winehog.org. Compared with other rating systems used by Robert Parker, Wine Spectator, Allen Meadows (BurgHound), I have more steps between 85 points and 100 points. The change of the rating system is due to the need to separate the many really good and fine wines rated ...