The Meursault Genevrieres 1999 from Louis Jadot is really singing at this stage. In the bouquet quite complex matured yellow fruits with notes of apple, hazelnuts and a buttery hint with a citrus twist. On the palate quite rich but fresh fruit, beautifully balanced by a fine acidity and the lovely minerality from the Genevriere vineyard. It’s quite long with a quite racy finish with a fresh citrus note. Indeed nice to have a non-oxed 1999 – this vintage really have a beautiful inner balance and harmoni. A beautiful wine … white wine of the evening.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Louis Jadot, Gevrey Chambertin Clos Saint Jacques 1990 January 6, 2014
- Louis Jadot, Beaune Clos des Ursules 1990 November 25, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Beaune Clos des Ursules 1996 August 31, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Chassagne-Montrachet Morgeot 1996 January 29, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Meursault Genevrieres 1999 January 17, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Meursault Blagny 1988 January 16, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Batard Montrachet 1995 September 16, 2011
- Louis Jadot Les Cazetiers 1990 June 27, 2011
- Louis Jadot Beaune Coucheraux 1955 June 27, 2011
- Louis Jadot Chassagne Les Caillerets 1989 June 27, 2011
- Les Demoiselles – Puligny 1er cru and part of Chevalier-Montrachet The vineyards in Burgundy are numerous, and some are not even included in detailed maps over Burgundy. One of these vineyards is Puligny-Montrachet 1er cru Les Demoiselles. I tried to find the location on my trusted standard map – the Atlas Vins app for iPad – made by the Sylvain Pitiot and Pierre Poupon – but ...
- WineHog rating system – articulated Robert Parker!! I use my own rating system here at Winehog.org. I don’t use the 100 point scale anymore – but changed to a quite simple scale inspired by some of the British wine journalists. Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is ...