The 2008 Savigny Les Beaune 1er cru Blanc has entered a semi-matured state. The nose is offering lovely yellow fruit – notes of belle de boscob apples, almonds, acacia – brought forward by a citrus infused minerality. On the palae – fresh with the vibrant 2008 acidity .. fine concentration with a rather intense slighty dense mid-palate fruit. Not a very complex or refined effort .. but nevertheless drinking quite well.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Louis Jadot, Savigny Les Beaune 1er cru 2008 September 2, 2016
- Maison Louis Jadot, Bonnes Mares 1962 January 24, 2016
- Maison Louis Jadot, Beaune Les Avaux 1999 January 17, 2016
- Louis Jadot, Chambertin Clos de Béze 1996 October 18, 2015
- Louis Jadot, Volnay Santenots 1980 June 28, 2015
- Louis Jadot, Gevrey Chambertin Clos Saint-Jacques 1996 July 16, 2014
- Louis Jadot, Gevrey Chambertin Clos Saint Jacques 1990 January 6, 2014
- Louis Jadot, Beaune Clos des Ursules 1990 November 25, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Beaune Clos des Ursules 1996 August 31, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Chassagne-Montrachet Morgeot 1996 January 29, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Meursault Genevrieres 1999 January 17, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Meursault Blagny 1988 January 16, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Batard Montrachet 1995 September 16, 2011
- Louis Jadot Les Cazetiers 1990 June 27, 2011
- Louis Jadot Beaune Coucheraux 1955 June 27, 2011
- Louis Jadot Chassagne Les Caillerets 1989 June 27, 2011
- Vineyard Insight: Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses is the delight of Burgundy … filigree, sensual, cool and refined. The female pendant to Musigny with the same type of regal minerality – yet more delicate and lightfooted – without the sheer power and depth of the mighty Musigny. By heart it’s a 1er cru – and while many argue that it ...
- Terroir Insight: Maison Louis Jadot, Musigny The Musigny from Louis Jadot is somehow a bit overlooked, but nevertheless produced on a plot next to one of the most hyped Musigny’s – the rare and very expensive Musigny from Domaine Georges Roumier. Louis Jadot began to make wine from the current plot of Musigny in 1985 – but even before this Musigny Grand ...
- Chevalier-Montrachet Les Demoiselles and the 1861 classification dateOne rarely see plots, sections or vineyards promoted to Grand Cru in Burgundy – the classification is very stable although some changes have been seen over the years. La Grande Rue was promoted to Grand Cru in 1992 and Clos des Lambrays was promoted to Grand Cru in 1981. In 1929 a part of Chambolle Musigny ...
- Gevrey-Chambertin Le Clos Saint-Jacques … almost grand cru One of the most famous 1er crus in Burgundy is Gevrey-Chambertin Le Clos Saint-Jacques. This fine reputation is primarily build by Domaine Armand Rousseau, who makes a magnificent wine from this vineyard. There are however also other fine wines from this terroir – so lets explore the history and ownership a bit further. Photo: View from ...
- Les Demoiselles – Puligny 1er cru and part of Chevalier-Montrachet The vineyards in Burgundy are numerous, and some are not even included in detailed maps over Burgundy. One of these vineyards is Puligny-Montrachet 1er cru Les Demoiselles. I tried to find the location on my trusted standard map – the Atlas Vins app for iPad – made by the Sylvain Pitiot and Pierre Poupon – but ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...