In 2015 Chantereves has expanded the range of wines with the first Cote de Nuits 1er cru – the Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Damodes – from a plot located quite high on the slope. I have tasted this wine a few times from cask – but this is the first time from bottle. The nose is offering deep red and dark berry fruit – quite tightly knit with fresh hints of red currant and pomegranate and a a lovely selection of spices – violets, cinnamon and allspice. On the palate very fine concentration, a nice core of juicy mid-palate fruit, a lovely transparency and expression of the terroir. Lovely to see this terroir unfolding so beautifully – energy is very fine in this wine.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Maison Chantereves, Bourgogne Blanc 2015 August 19, 2017
- Maison Chantereves, Bourgogne Rouges 2015 August 17, 2017
- Maison Chantereves, Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Damodes 2015 August 16, 2017
- Maison Chantereves, Meursault Les Crotots 2013 March 19, 2016
- Maison Chantereves, Bourgogne Blanc 2014 March 14, 2016
- Maison Chantereves, Chassagne-Montrachet Les Morgeots 2014 March 14, 2016
- Maison Chantereves, Saint Romain 2013 March 12, 2016
- Maison Chantereves, Volnay 2013 March 12, 2016
- Maison Chantereves, Bourgogne Rouge 2013 March 12, 2016
- Maison Chantereves, Pommard 2013 March 12, 2016
- Maison Chantereves, Pommard 2014 March 12, 2016
- Maison Chantereves, Volnay 2014 March 12, 2016
- Maison Chantereves, Saint Romain 2014 March 12, 2016
- Maison Chantereves, Bourgogne Blanc 2014 March 12, 2016
- Maison Chantereves, Meursault Les Crotots 2013 March 12, 2016
- Chantereves, Meursault Les Crotots 2011 April 7, 2015
- Burgundy .. 2017 and a look at 2018 The 2017s are now getting bottled in many estates, and its time to give a status, before the 2018s are ready to taste and evaluate. I have tasted quite a few 2017s over the past year – and some more in the last week – 11th to 15th of February. This has really confirmed the quality ...
- Visit Chantereves – tasting of the 2017s from cask Tasting wine can be somewhat unpredictable .. normally I like to taste the reds from Maison Chantereves early but prefer to taste the whites later.. in the 2017 vintage it’s actually the whites that are showing most ready to taste at this stage. Normally I taste the wines with Tomoko Kuriyama who is one part of ...
- Visit Maison Chantereves – tasting of the 2016s Visit Maison Chatereves in Savigny Les Beaune – tasting and re-tasting of the 2016 vintage.. I tasted the 2016s from Chantereves already in March and it was quite early for the reds, and moreover way to early to taste the whites. So I’m BACK … to taste both reds and whites. Firstly – great to ...
- Visit Maison Chantereves – first tasting of the 2016s On my March 2017 trip to Burgundy I had the opportunity to visit Chantereves – one of my favorite micro negociants in Burgundy – always a pleasure and a treat to visit this small estate and the good people behind it. Note to self – need to take new photos next time Background – Chantereves, Savigny, Rheingau ...
- Visit Maison Chantereves tasting of the 2015s Visiting estates in Burgundy is a world of many different experiences .. some are old estates with several decades of history, some have sales personal and assistants to receive you and to make appointments. When entering the rather spacious new cellar of Chantereves located beneath a modern house in the outskirts of Savigny-Les-Beaune – Tomoko Kuriyama ...
- Harvest Impressions We start out with the team of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – here harvesting the Echezeaux plots in the climat Champ Traversin – at the top of the Echezeaux vineyard. Photo: Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair From the top of Echezeaux to the cellar of Maison Chantereves in Savigny-Les-Beaune where foot work is being used to crush the ...
- Visit – Maison Chantereves – tasting the 2015 reds On my March trip to Burgundy I had the pleasure to revisit Chantereves- one of the rising stars within the world of micro negociants. Tomoko explaining about the new wine Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Damodes Chantereves, Savigny, Rhingau and Japan Chantereves is a small negociant located in a celler below a modern villa in Savigny-Les-Beaune. The estate is founded by two ...
- Impressions from Grands Jours de Bourgogne – part 2 A week in Burgundy leaves one with a lot of thoughts and impressions … The number of wines and producers at Grands Jours de Bourgogne is almost infinite, and given the number of people attending its impossible to taste all wines, and meet all producers. The organisation behind Grands Jours de Bourgogne is doing a terrific ...