The Clos du Tart 1996 is open and expressive – approaching maturity. The nose is forward with lovely varitions of sweet and sour red berries, hints of truffle and sous-bois and a deep earthy minerality. On the palate fresh and acidity driven red fruit – quite lightfooted and without the rustic notes that are associated with many wines from this vintage. A lovely quite floral wine – lovely balance and freshness – is perhaps lacking a bit of fruit concentration on the midpalate to merrit a top rating. A very enjoyable Clos de Tart ..
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Mommesin, Clos de Tart 2005 October 2, 2017
- Mommesin, Clos de Tart 1996 September 22, 2016
- Mommesin, Clos de Tart 2004 July 12, 2014
- Mommesin, Clos de Tart 1990 October 15, 2012
- Mommesin, Clos de Tart 2005 September 5, 2012
- Matching the big crus – from Chambolle to Le Chambertin One rarely taste four evenly matched grand crus from the top end on a saturday afternoon. This was nevertheles the case today when Clos de Tart, Bonnes Mares from Vogüé and Roumier were opened with the Chambertin from Trapet. All wines were from the 2013 vintage .. young – surprisingly open and forward on this fine ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...