The Moron-Garcia Marsannay Clos du Roy is a rather intense and powerful wine for this level. While the 2017s are fruity and forward this does have quite an edge – character and a lovely vivid expression. The nose offer plenty of red and dark fruits – quite intense. On the palate good energy – lovely minerality – will need a bit of time to unfold.
(Drink from 2023) – Very Good – (87 – 88p) – Tasted 06/03/2019.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Moron-Garcia, Beaune Les Tuvilains 2017 April 26, 2019
- Domaine Moron-Garcia, Marsannay Clos du Roy 2017 March 7, 2019
- Domaine Moron-Garcia, Bourgogne Blanc 2017 March 6, 2019
- Domaine Moron-Garcia – tasting the 2018s from cask On my trip to Burgundy in May I had the pleasure of revisiting Domaine Moron-Garcia in Nuits-Saint-Georges to taste the 2018s wines from cask. Wine and people Domaine Moron-Garcia is managed by Matthieu Moron and Pierre-Oliver Garcia, who are making some fabulous wines in a modest-sized cellar in Nuits-Saint-Georges. The first vintage for the estate was 2016. This ...
- Domaine Moron-Garcia – without compromise .. On my trip to Burgundy in November I had the pleasure of visiting Domaine Moron-Garcia in Nuits-Saint-Georges – to taste some 2017s and 2018s (quick samples). I had only tasted Domaine Moron-Garcia once before, so this is a new estate – at least to me. Wine and people Domaine Moron-Garcia is managed by Matthieu Moron and Pierre-Oliver Garcia ...