The Gevrey Les Seuvrees is a good to very good village effort from Domaine Robert Groffier. The bouquet is slightly closed with some reduction, but also fine red and dark fruit notes – dark cherries. On the palate also a bit closed, the oak is quite forward in he wine. Has a good fruit and balance, but need time to unfold sweeter and more lush flavors.
Tasted 20/04/2012Tasting note is for the 2010 vintage – not the 2002 on the picture
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Robert Groffier, Chambertin Clos de Bèze 1996 November 27, 2017
- Domaine Robert Groffier, Chambolle Les Amoureuses 2004 October 18, 2017
- Robert Groffier, Chambolle Musigny Les Sentiers 2007 June 27, 2016
- Domaine Robert Groffier, Bonnes Mares 2013 May 8, 2015
- Robert Groffier, Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses 2007 October 12, 2012
- Robert Groffier, Chambolle Musigny Amoureuses 2010 May 4, 2012
- Robert Groffier, Chambolle Musigny Les Sentieres 2010 May 3, 2012
- Robert Groffier, Gevrey Chambertin Les Seuvrees 2010 April 28, 2012
- Visit Domaine Robert Groffier, tasting the 2016s from tank One of the slightly overlooked gems of Burgundy is Domaine Robert Groffier in Morey-Saint-Denis. Nicolas Groffier took over the vinification around 10 years back – and has improved quality significantly over the years – although I must say that quality has been good for the last decades here. The Groffier wines seem to stand the test ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Groffier Chambertin Clos de Bèze Domaine Robert Groffier is located in Morey-Saint-Denis, as the neighbour of Domaine Clos de Tart. The estate, however, have no vineyards in Morey, and most of the vineyards are located in the Chambolle Musigny appellation with substantial holdings of Les Amoureuses (largest owner) and of Bonnes Mares – almost one hectare of this fine Grand ...
- Vineyard Insight: Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses is the delight of Burgundy … filigree, sensual, cool and refined. The female pendant to Musigny with the same type of regal minerality – yet more delicate and lightfooted – without the sheer power and depth of the mighty Musigny. By heart it’s a 1er cru – and while many argue that it ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...