Domaine Poisot is a “new” domaine run by the former navy captain Remi Poisot, who is now making wine from a fine portfolio of family vineyards.
Remi began making wines before the harvest in 2009, and 2010 was his first full vintage – where he also did the work in the vineyards.
The Poisot family own vineyards in Romanee-Saint-Vivant, Corton-Bressandes, Corton Charlemagne and in Pernand-Vergelesses – these vineyards is a part of the heritage from the Louis Latour domaine – see further info about Domaine Poisot
I discovered Domaine Poisot when I made my article about Romanee-Saint-Vivant, and then I arranged to taste the red 2009s and the Charlie 2010 in Copenhagen. I was quite impressed with the quality of these wines, and I was therefore very exited to visit Domaine Poisot during my March tour Budgundy, to taste some wines from the recent vintages.
Remi Poisot received us at the old but beautiful Chateau Corton Grancy where he now make his wines – so in that sense still a strong connection to the Louis Latour legacy.
Notes from tasting March 19th 2013
The 2012s from Poisot is still in a quite early stage, but the quality of the 2012 vintage is unmistakable – despite some reduction in the wines.
The Corton-Charlemagne terroir with it’s firm structure really suits the style of the 2012 whites. The bouquet is showing pure and quite exotic fruit – peach, melon, hints of acacia and oak. On the palate quite dense and rich but with a very nice balance and focus from the mineralic terroir. It’s a quite refined and rich Charlie in the making.
(Drink from 2020) – Fine+ 92 – 93p – Tasted 19/03/2013 from CASK
Pernand-Vergelesses en Caradeux 1er cru 2012
The Pernand is really enjoying the quite abundant fruit of the 2012 vintage. It’s offering fine red and dark berry fruit in the nose. On the palate it’s firmly structured – but also blessed with a lovely rich fruit – well balanced and quite refined for the terroir. Normally not a great fan of Pernand, but this is working well.
(Drink from 2018) – Good (84 -85p) – Tasted 19/03/2013 from CASK
Corton Bressandes 2012
The Corton-Bressandes is showing quite a lot of reduction currently – but still the charming and extrovert 2012 fruit manage to show some nuances. On the palate pure and lovely red berry fruit – juicy and with a a fine nerve and energy. It’s very charming for the appelation, long, quite intense and very well balanced. A lovely Corton-Beessandes in the making,
(Drink from 2022) – Fine+ (92 – 94p) – Tasted 19/03/2013 from CASK
The Romanee-Saint-Vivant 2012 is slightly reduced but showing fine nuances of red berry fruit and Vosne spices. On the palate layers of intense and refined pinot fruit, quite transparent with a lovely expression of the fine terroir. The fruit is pure and vibrant, offering very fine length and complexity. A beautiful RSV in the making – the best wine I have tasted from this domaine so far.
(Drink from 2024) – Very Fine+ (94 – 95p) – Tasted 19/03/2013 from CASK
2012 compared to the 2011 vintage
As mentioned I was quite impressed by 2009s tasted in Copenhagen, and the tasting of the 2011s and 2012s at the domaine show that Remi is constantly improving the quality.
Remi Poisot has produced fine wines in both 2012 and 2011. The 2012s have however more weigth and fruit concentration than the 2011s – and somehow the transparancy and energetic style is maintained dispite the more dense fruit.
The 2012s reds are very different from the 2011 vintage – and in my view the 2012s are a full step up in quality from the otherwise fine 2011s – will indeed be exiting to follow these wines.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Bressandes 2012 January 18, 2015
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee Saint-Vivant 2007 February 25, 2014
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee Saint-Vivant 2008 February 23, 2014
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee Saint-Vivant 2006 February 22, 2014
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Bressandes 2007 February 21, 2014
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee Saint-Vivant 2008 February 1, 2014
- Domaine Poisot, Pernand-Vergelesses en Caradeux 1er cru 2012 September 10, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Bressandes 2011 August 11, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Bressandes 2012 August 9, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton-Charlemagne 2011 August 8, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton-Charlemagne 2012 August 6, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee-Saint-Vivant 2011 August 3, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee-Saint-Vivant 2012 August 3, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Charlemagne 2010 March 5, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Bressandes 2009 February 27, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee-Saint-Vivant 2009 February 20, 2013
- Burgundy Day Four … from Leroux to Poisot via Rheingau! The fourth day on my trip to Burgundy included three tastings .. Benjamin Leroux, Chantereves and Domaine Poisot. Here are some initial impressions .. tasting notes will follow. Benjamin Leroux – a fine selection of 2013s Benjamin Leroux is one of the most talented winemakers in Burgundy, and while this was my first visit at Maison Benjamin ...
- Tasting of Domaine Poisot 2012 from Cask Domaine Poisot is a “new” domaine run by the former navy captain Remi Poisot, who is now making wine from a fine portfolio of family vineyards. Remi began making wines before the harvest in 2009, and 2010 was his first full vintage – where he also did the work in the vineyards. The Poisot ...
- New producer on Romanee-Saint-Vivant – Domaine Poisot It’s rare to see new producers or owners on the big grand crus in Vosne Romanee, but during my work on the articles about Romanee-Saint-Vivant vineyard I discovered a new and for me unknown producer on this fine vineyard – Domaine Poisot. The story is however much more complex, as the history of the Poisot ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...