The Grand Crus of Morey-Saint-Denis
Morey-Saint-Denis have four Grand Crus and these are very dominant in the appellation – leaving only little room for prominent 1er crus.
Clos de la Roche
- Clos de la Roche – the core of Morey-Saint-Denis I have so far neglected the Morey-Saint-Denis appellation in my vineyard research .. but now its time to take on the wolves. Morey-Saint-Denis have several Grand Crus to offer .. Clos de Tart, a part of Bonnes Mares, Clos Saint Denis and Clos des Lambrays …but the signature wine of Morey is in my book somehow ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Armand Rousseau Clos de la Roche (update)
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Dujac Clos de la Roche
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Leroy Clos de la Roche
- Vineyard Insight: Clos Saint-Denis – the queen of Morey Clos Saint-Denis is the somewhat unknown star of Morey-Saint-Denis … often overshadowed by its neighbour Clos de la Roche. This is however a vineyard that should not be missed … with its more floral and lightfooted expression of Morey … the queen of the appellation … more refined and silky but perhaps lacking the weight and ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Dujac Clos Saint-Denis
- Terroir Insight Domaine Heresztyn-Mazzini Clos Saint-Denis
Clos de Tart
- Clos de Tart – the Tête de Cuvée of Morey On my way though the grand crus of Morey-Saint-Denis I have reached the perhaps most prominent and daunting task – Clos de Tart. Prominent because it’s a rather legendary monopole that Lavalle rated Tête de Cuvée as the only vineyard in Morey_Saint-Denis – daunting due to the fact that the master of Burgundy maps – ...
Clos des Lambrays
- Clos des Lambrays – Monopole or not? – update The Domaine des Lambrays have recently been sold to LVMH – and the deal included some very fine vineyards – with the jewel in the crown being the 8.84 ha Clos des Lambrays. This deal is very important for the development in Burgundy as it announces a new big player on the Burgundy scene – LVMH ...