A new year and a new vintage – and back at Rue de la Croix Rameau .. looking forward to taste the Grivot 2017s.
The 2016s showed very well in my view, with a lovely balance and intensity – the 2017 are somewhat lighter and more forward offering a more sunny and fresh style than the somewhat more serious 2016s.
Impressions from the tasting of the 2017s from Domaine Grivot
Mathilde Grivot had prepared a tasting of the wines from tank – as the wines were getting ready for bottling.
The 2017 vintage is a quite large harvest – very welcome after the relatively modest crop in 2016 .. and the 2017 have both good quality and good yields.
It’s a charming year, that will provide fine drinking over the next decade or so, and presumably even longer for the big grand crus and 1er crus.
As always there are some variations between the cuvées .. see below.You need to login as a Premium subscriber to read the rest of this article. If you are not a Premium subscriber, use the subscribe function and sign-up.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Rouges 2009 November 29, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Beaux-Monts 2014 June 5, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Echezeaux 2014 May 23, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Clos de Vougeot 2014 May 23, 2016
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2008 March 19, 2016
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2007 November 30, 2014
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2004 June 30, 2014
- Jean Grivot, Clos de Vougeot 2011 April 22, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2011 April 18, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Beaux Monts 2011 April 17, 2013
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2009 March 30, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2007 March 8, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2009 April 2, 2012
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 1988 November 7, 2011
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2008 October 13, 2011
- Visit Domaine Grivot: Tasting of the 2017s from tank A new year and a new vintage – and back at Rue de la Croix Rameau .. looking forward to taste the Grivot 2017s. The 2016s showed very well in my view, with a lovely balance and intensity – the 2017 are somewhat lighter and more forward offering a more sunny and fresh style than the ...
- Burgundy .. 2017 and a look at 2018 The 2017s are now getting bottled in many estates, and its time to give a status, before the 2018s are ready to taste and evaluate. I have tasted quite a few 2017s over the past year – and some more in the last week – 11th to 15th of February. This has really confirmed the quality ...
- Dégustation Prestige – Clos de Vougeot Grand Cru This year Grand Jours de Bourgogne included a Dégustation Prestige of Clos de Vougeot Grand Cru … as it did two years ago. It’s a tasting of around 20 wines from the Clos de Vougeot vineyard – this year with the oldest being a 1989 from Domaine Joseph Drouhin and the youngest being a 2008 from ...
- Visit Domaine Grivot: Tasting of the 2016s from cask Domaine Grivot seem to go from strength to strength making lovely and enjoyable wines. The 2015s showed very well indeed, with their generous and charming style. The 2016 vintage is quite another ballgame, as the April frost played a big role in how the individual wines have turned out. This is especially the case for ...
- Second round of visits October 2017 The October trip is a shorter stop before the main round of tastings in start November 2017. Here are more new estates + also some well known adresses I have visited with great pleasure during the last few years. Domaine Arnaud Tessier First out here is Domaine Arnaud Tessier in Meursault – one of my favorite producers in ...
- Visit Domaine Grivot: Tasting of the 2015s from cask To be honest I was very impressed indeed by the 2015s when I tasted them in June 2016 – it was before malo, so I was quite cautious not to be too exited, but already at that point I felt that something special was fermenting in the barrels in the cellars at Domaine Grivot. I was ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Jean Grivot Vosne-Romanée Aux Brûlées Domaine Grivot is making a large range of 1er crus, and while many are very fine indeed .. some stand out at least in the 2014 and the 2015 vintage. One of my new favorites – always had the Aux Reignots as the top dog (or is that hog) of the 1er crus – is the ...
- Tasting of the 2014s from Domaine Grivot Domaine Grivot has improved quality tremendously over the last 5 to 10 years, optimizing and improving the wines little by little each year. The wines are made with a lighter hand with the oak less present in the young wines, and since 2009 the micro details and the purity of the wines have been significantly improved. ...