The Willian Fevre Chablis Bougros Côte Bouguerots 2010 is a fabulous and mighty Chablis from two steep plots at the foot of the Bougros vineyard. The nose is fresh and vibrant with pure white fruit – hint of apple, white peach – crushed hazelnuts and a filigree yet intense minerality. On the palate lovely tension and freshness – youthful for a 7 year old wine – with a intense core of fruit and a long mineral driven finish. A big and quite powerful Chablis – very mineral with a fantastic balance and energy. A diam 10 cork has ensured that this wine is still very fresh and perhaps slight less developed than expected. Time will show how fast it will evolve ove the next 5 years. At the moment ideal with a lobster – with some years more of development I would prefer my lobster grilled … an Outstanding Chablis.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- William Fevre, Chablis Bougros Côte Bouguerots 2010 July 27, 2017
- William Fevre, Chablis Vaulorent 2010 March 3, 2013
- Domaine William Fevre, Chablis Vaulorent 2010 January 18, 2013
- Domaine William Fevre, Chablis Bougros 2010 November 8, 2012
- Domaine William Fevre, Chablis Les Lys 1er cru November 7, 2012
- The Diam closure – now and in the long run The Diam closure is now used by many of the top producers of white and while this has or is expected to eliminate the premox problems some collectors are still sceptical about this new closure – I for one want to learn more about the long term effects of using Diam instead of natural corks. Interview ...
- Tasting of the 2015 Chablis from William Fevre As most readers know I’m not a Chablis devotee, although I have tasted my share of fine Chablis over the years. I love a good Chablis, and one of my favourite sources is William Fevre – the Henriot owned producer – alongside Raveneau and Dauvissat. So always I make do with the very best if ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...