The Echezeaux 2014 from Drouhin is a both delightful and somehow surprisingly intense wine. The nose offer a lovely collection of red fruits – brought forward by a quite tightly knit and powerful minerality. On the palate pure and transparent red fruit – intense but effortless and lightfooted – with an impressively long mineral driven finish. Lovely balance and energy … this is a tasty wine.
Latest tasting Notes for this producer
- Maison Joseph Drouhin, Clos de Vougeot 2014 May 25, 2016
- Maison Joseph Drouhin, Echezeaux 2014 May 25, 2016
- Joseph Drouhin, Meursault Goutte d’Or 1964 December 23, 2014
- Joseph Drouhin, Pommard Les Boucherottes 1962 December 21, 2014
- Joseph Drouhin, Vosne Romanee Petits-Monts 2007 October 9, 2011
- Vineyard Insight: Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses is the delight of Burgundy … filigree, sensual, cool and refined. The female pendant to Musigny with the same type of regal minerality – yet more delicate and lightfooted – without the sheer power and depth of the mighty Musigny. By heart it’s a 1er cru – and while many argue that it ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Mugnier Chambolle Musigny Les Amoureuses Les Amoureuses …. a name signaling passion and desire. It’s one of the most sought after wines in Burgundy – indeed difficult to find despite a quite healthy production from the multiple owners and quite a few negociants that also produce this seductive Chambolle 1er cru. One of the top interpretations of Les Amoureuses comes from ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...