The Petit-Monts from Drouhin is one of the best wines from Drouhin. This magnum 2007 was however slightly disappointing. The bouquet was slightly closed but showing pure and ripe pinot fruit. On the palate one could hope for a little more concentration, and it’s lacking some freshness like a lot of 2007 reds. Fine minerality, and medium length – a nice drinkable but not very memorable wine.
(Drink from 2017) Very Good – 89p
Tasted 28/09/2011 at Gustavs Bistro
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Maison Joseph Drouhin, Musigny 1993 March 30, 2018
- Maison Joseph Drouhin, Le Montrachet Marquis de Laguiche 2015 March 30, 2018
- Maison Joseph Drouhin, Musigny 2015 March 30, 2018
- Maison Joseph Drouhin, Clos de Vougeot 2014 May 25, 2016
- Maison Joseph Drouhin, Echezeaux 2014 May 25, 2016
- Joseph Drouhin, Meursault Goutte d’Or 1964 December 23, 2014
- Joseph Drouhin, Pommard Les Boucherottes 1962 December 21, 2014
- Joseph Drouhin, Vosne Romanee Petits-Monts 2007 October 9, 2011
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé, Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses The Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses is one of the most prominent wines from this refined and sensual vineyard. I have therefore taken a closer look at the Vogüé Les Amoureuses … as most by now know that Les Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses is one of the delights of Burgundy … filigree, cool ...
- Terroir Insight: Maison Joseph Drouhin, Bonnes Mares One of the hidden treasures of Bonnes Mares is the elusive and elegant wine from Maison Joseph Drouhin. The Bonnes Mares is like the other top wines from Drouhin very rare, as the production is rather limited. The history of the Joseph Drouhin Bonnes Mares dates back in the early 1940, as the Drouhin plots ...
- Terroir Insight: Joseph Drouhin Musigny Musigny is a relatively large vineyard yet the Musigny wines are becoming a very rare treat these days, as the demand for this illusive and mineral driven wine is increasing by the hour it seems. Until recently the Joseph Drouhin Musigny was unknown territory for me, but within the last few months I have had the ...
- Dégustation Prestige – Clos de Vougeot Grand Cru This year Grand Jours de Bourgogne included a Dégustation Prestige of Clos de Vougeot Grand Cru … as it did two years ago. It’s a tasting of around 20 wines from the Clos de Vougeot vineyard – this year with the oldest being a 1989 from Domaine Joseph Drouhin and the youngest being a 2008 from ...
- Visit Joseph Drouhin – tasting the red 2016s from cask Maison Joseph Drouhin is in my view among the very best of the large negociants in Burgundy these days. But to be honest – to speak about Maison and the associated Negociant term – is somehow both misleading and old fashioned – as this is very much a family and estate operation. Drouhin is still a negocaint ...