Connoisseurs and collectors have for decades sought out and been fascinated by wines that give hedonistic joy and pleasure. They seek that overwhelming urge to pour another glass (or find another bottle) that is too intense to ignore.
This has led to a surge in demand for these wines, partly or even mostly on a subconscious level. But open discussion of these qualities in wine is getting more and more prominent.
The Winehog will help
To facilitate the detection of emotional wines, I propose to make a list of producers who regularly turn out emotional wines – some who make only a few, and others from whom almost all the wines have a strong emotional character.
I cannot guarantee that you will love all the wines. But this will at least give you a chance to explore and learn what a vin d’emotion is – and what it is not.
Some producers are well known and expensive, while others are relatively unknown and priced where even more modest collectors can chip in for a bottle or two.
As always: I do not have all the answers or a monopoly on identifying emotional wines. These lists will be developed as I taste and explore, discovering emotional producers and wines. Life is a journey and I am here to explore and learn. I want to take you with me on this journey through Burgundy.
My lists of emotional producers will be built appellation by appellation, giving you a chance to be inspired in a logical manner.
But nothing is easy. This is after all about passion and Burgundy – or rather the glowing passion for Burgundian wines.
I will starting out with producers from Gevrey-Chambertin and will over the next months move on, tackling first the Cote de Nuits and then the Cote de Beaune.
- Vins d’Emotion from Chassagne-Montrachet and St. Aubin
- Vins d’Emotion from Puligny-Montrachet
- Vins d’Emotion from Meursault
- Vins d’Emotion from Volnay and Pommard (Update)
- Vins d’Emotion from the Côte de Nuits – Off Piste
- Vins d’Emotion from Nuits-Saint-Georges – (New added)
- Vins d’Emotion from Vosne-Romanée and Flagey-Echezeaux
- Vins d’Emotion from Chambolle-Musigny and Vougeot
- Vins d’Emotion from Morey-Saint-Denis
- Vins d’Emotion from Gevrey-Chambertin