To simplify your search for emotional wines, I have decided to compile a list of the top emotional producers in each appellation. I am starting with Gevrey-Chambertin, meaning the producers are located in that town.
- Vins d’Emotion from Chassagne-Montrachet and St. Aubin
- Vins d’Emotion from Puligny-Montrachet
- Vins d’Emotion from Meursault
- Vins d’Emotion from Volnay and Pommard (Update)
- Vins d’Emotion from the Côte de Nuits – Off Piste
- Vins d’Emotion from Nuits-Saint-Georges – (New added)
- Vins d’Emotion from Vosne-Romanée and Flagey-Echezeaux
- Vins d’Emotion from Chambolle-Musigny and Vougeot
- Vins d’Emotion from Morey-Saint-Denis
- Vins d’Emotion from Gevrey-Chambertin
Comments and thoughts
- Update: Vin d’Emotion Guide to Volnay June 28, 2022
- Expanding on Vins d’Emotion March 26, 2022
- Reactions to the Vin d’Emotion Guides February 20, 2022
The list contains producers that regularly score an emotional rating, and they are ranked in three levels. I hope this proves useful; here we go!
Note that wines marked with brackets [ ] will require years before they really show their hedonistic side.
– Producers from whom most wines qualify for a high emotional rating
Domaine Denis Bachelet
Domaine Jérôme Galeyrand (25 September 2022)
– Producers from whom several wines get a high emotional rating
Domaine Dennis Mortet
[ Domaine Armand Rousseau – mainly the top end ]
Domaine Pierre Duroché (10 November 2022)
– Producers whose wines regularly get a high emotional rating
Domaine Marc Roy
– New names on the way to my heart
For what it’s worth
I should note that there are some genuine surprises, as several famous or well-known producers are either not mentioned or mentioned further down the ranks.
Vins d’émotion are, however, usually quite expressive wines, hedonistic and full of energy and joy. These traits sometimes conflict with the style of certain producers whose wines require many years to unfold.
Missing: Please note
I have not tasted the Dugat-Py or Domaine Claude Dugat wines regularly in recent years, hence I do not know how the wines are performing now.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.