The Grand Crus of Morey-Saint-Denis
Morey-Saint-Denis have four Grand Crus and these are very dominant in the appellation – leaving only little room for prominent 1er crus.
Clos de la Roche
- Terroir View: Hubert Lignier Clos de la Roche – a new cuvéeDomaine Hubert Lignier was one of first estates I visited when I began my quest to understand Burgundy. This was back in the late 1990s when Romain Lignier was making truly magnificent wines at Domaine Hubert Lignier. Sadly Romain passed away in an untimely fashion in 2004 and, while the years after this were somewhat turbulent, ...
- Clos de la Roche – the core of Morey-Saint-DenisI have so far neglected the Morey-Saint-Denis appellation in my vineyard research .. but now its time to take on the wolves. Morey-Saint-Denis have several Grand Crus to offer .. Clos de Tart, a part of Bonnes Mares, Clos Saint Denis and Clos des Lambrays …but the signature wine of Morey is in my book somehow ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Ponsot Clos de la Roche
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Armand Rousseau Clos de la Roche (update)
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Dujac Clos de la Roche
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Leroy Clos de la Roche
- Vineyard Insight: Clos Saint-Denis – the queen of MoreyClos Saint-Denis is the somewhat unknown star of Morey-Saint-Denis … often overshadowed by its neighbour Clos de la Roche. This is however a vineyard that should not be missed … with its more floral and lightfooted expression of Morey … the queen of the appellation … more refined and silky but perhaps lacking the weight and ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Dujac Clos Saint-Denis
- Terroir Insight Domaine Heresztyn-Mazzini Clos Saint-Denis
Clos de Tart
- Clos de Tart – the Tête de Cuvée of MoreyOn my way though the grand crus of Morey-Saint-Denis I have reached the perhaps most prominent and daunting task – Clos de Tart. Prominent because it’s a rather legendary monopole that Lavalle rated Tête de Cuvée as the only vineyard in Morey_Saint-Denis – daunting due to the fact that the master of Burgundy maps – ...
Clos des Lambrays
- Clos des Lambrays – Monopole or not? – updateThe Domaine des Lambrays have recently been sold to LVMH – and the deal included some very fine vineyards – with the jewel in the crown being the 8.84 ha Clos des Lambrays. This deal is very important for the development in Burgundy as it announces a new big player on the Burgundy scene – LVMH ...