Time really flies … and it’s now exactly one year since I launched WineHog.org in Juliy 2011. During this year I realized that blogging about fine wine is quite a lot of hard work, but fortunately also very rewarding and a lot of fun.
Anyhow the numbers speak for themselves – 435 posts and more than 11000 visits to the site since I decided to go public with my tasting notes.
The best moments
The past year have given me a lot of fine wine moments, and it’s hard to rank these.
The visits to the very helpfull and fine produceres in Burgundy are however the very foundation for this blog. I have been lucky to visit some of the finest producers, and also participated in this years Grand Jours de Bourgogne.
- Visit Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé – tasting of the 2016s
- Visit Joseph Drouhin – tasting the red 2017s from cask
- Visit Domaine Marchand-Tawse – tasting of the red 2017s
- Visit Domaine Y. Clerget – tasting of the 2017s from cask
- Visit Domaine Heitz-Lochardet – tasting of the red 2017s
- Visit Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – 2017s from cask
- Visit Domaine Robert Sirugue – tasting of the 2017 vintage
- Visit Domaine des Croix – tasting the 2017s from cask
- Visit Domaine Morey-Coffinet – tasting of the white 2017s
- Visit Domaine Julien – tasting of the 2017s from cask
Thanks to Wine friends for all the support
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all wine friends for the support and help the first year. Special thanks to Louis-Michel Liger-Belair, Philippe Pacalet, Caroline Lestimé, Jean-Luc Pepin and Anne Gros for the fine tastings and hospitality during 2010 and 2011.
I also would like to thank the Facebook groups Burgundy Geeks, Vosne Romanee and Bourgogne/Burgundy for the support and discussions during the last 12 month – a lot of new wine friends – cheers to all of you – from all of me!