The Corton Le Rognet 2010 from Camille Giroud is a truly beautiful Corton. In the bouquet fine red berry fruit with notes of sweet strawberries and wild raspberries. The oak is present in the nose, but well integrated in the lovely cool red fruit. On the palate very fine midpalate concentration of cool ripe fruit. It’s rich, powerful but also very refined for a young Corton. The oak is supporting the wine beautifully in the long and intense finish. A very impressive and complex Corton … one of the most promising young Cortons I have tasted – great effort by David Croix.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Camille Giroud, Corton Le Rognet 2010 May 19, 2013
- Camille Giroud, Corton Le Rognet 2010 January 19, 2013
- Camille Giroud Bourgogne Cuvee L 2009 July 5, 2011
- Visit Maison Camille Giroud – tasting of the 2013 vintage Maison Camille Giroud has a special place in my Burgundy heart, as the wonderful Cortons from this house convinced me that the Corton hill can in fact produce red wines that deserves the Grand Cru classification and at the same time be a delightful experience in the glass. Yes I have for many years been ...
- Burgundy Day 3 …. a taste of 2014 and more 2013s The third day on my trip to Burgundy included four tastings .. Philippe Pacalet, Domaine des Croix, Maison Camille Giroud and lastly Domaine Berthaut in Fixin. A large selection of wines were tasted … approaching my maximum limit for tastings during one day … a lovely day nevertheless. Here are some initial impressions .. tasting notes will ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...