The 2015s from Camille Giroud are lovely – made by David Croix before he left the house. The Bourgogne Rouge 2015 is fresh and vibrant offering lovely fruit and energy. In the nose cool and expressive fruit – variations of cherries – and even a slight mineral touch. On the palate vivid, nicely balanced – offering plenty of juicy fruit for this level.
Very enjoyable ..
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Camille Giroud, Bourgogne Rouge 2015 January 13, 2018
- Camille Giroud, Vosne-Romanée Les Chalandins 2014 May 19, 2017
- Camille Giroud, Corton Le Rognet 2010 May 19, 2013
- Camille Giroud, Corton Le Rognet 2010 January 19, 2013
- Camille Giroud Bourgogne Cuvee L 2009 July 5, 2011
- Corton, Corton, red Corton .. exploring the hill This week I attended a tasting of red Corton; a rare thing, in Denmark at least. The tasting included 10 Cortons from five producers, all top-flight amongst the panoply of Corton producers. The purpose was to learn: learn about different parts of the Corton vineyards, learn about the different producers … or in short, LEARN. It was ...
- Tasting of some 2015s .. how are they doing? The Danish Burgundy importer Vinrosen offer a large range of fine Burgundy wines – and their annual vintage tasting is therefore a great opportunity to visit a vintage – or should I say re-visit ,, and taste the wines from bottle. Impressions red 2015s The reds 2015s are showing their best and most balanced side. They are ...
- News: David Croix to work with Jean-Marc Roulot David Croix is going to work with Jean-Marc Roulot at Domaine Roulot in Meursault. He will be joining Domaine Roulot in the beginning of 2017. Earlier this summer it was announced that David Croix is retiring at Maison Camille Giroud – after 15 years as winemaker. He will be replaced by Carel Voorhuis who currently is ...
- News: David Croix to retire from Camille Giroud David Croix is retiring at Maison Camille Giroud – after 15 years as winemaker. He will be replaced by Carel Voorhuis who currently is working at Domaine d’Ardhuy. The change will happen at the end of this year, and consequently David will also vinify the 2016 vintage at Camille Giroud.
- 2015 impressions – the two last days of a lovely week On the last two days of my Burgundy trip I had five tastings. Domaine Faiveley, Domaine Pascal Bouley, Maison Camille Giroud, Domaine des Croix and last but not least Domaine J.-F. Mugnier in Chambolle Musigny. All visits offered lovely 2015s .. confirming the findings from the tastings done earlier on the week. Again please note .. ...