The Clos du Chateau is a typical 2012 rich and expressive. In the nose yellow fruits, quite exotic with hints of honey, acacia and almonds .. pure a transparent with a lovely minerality for this level. On the palate rich .. slightly opulent with a quite aromatic yellow fruit dominating the midpalate. It’s weighty, but still quite elegant for the vintage .. make note .. serve cold at correct temperature, the aromatics does not improve with higher temperature. Have a soft spot for this wine … and while i’m sure I will prefer the 2013 … this is drinking quite well. We are ideed blessed with all these nice vintages … a lovely affordable white Burgundy that delivers the goods vintage after vintage.
Latest tasting Notes for this producer
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Clos de Chateau 2012 July 25, 2015
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Meursault Les Perrieres 2007 July 22, 2014
- Chateau de Puligny-Montrachet, Meursault Perrieres 2004 February 28, 2014
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Meursault 2010 July 31, 2013
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2009 January 31, 2013
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Chevalier Montrachet 2007 November 15, 2011
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Puligny Montrachet Les Folatieres 2004 August 31, 2011
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Le Montrachet 2000 August 24, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...