The Meursault 2010 from Chateau de Puligny Montrachet is a big and rich village Meursault. In the nose expansive yellow fruit … with fresh orchard notes – white peach, hint of pineapple and a hint of browned butter. On the palate quite rich fruit for this level – considerable midpalate weight with a long mineral and citrus infused finish. It’s quite dense but well balanced by the powerful and vibrant acidity. Not quite at the same level as the Montille whites – but has impowed considerably. A rich village Meursault … slightly on the dense side for my plalate – but it has it’s moments with the crisp and quite nervy 2010 acidity.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Clos de Chateau 2012 July 25, 2015
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Meursault Les Perrieres 2007 July 22, 2014
- Chateau de Puligny-Montrachet, Meursault Perrieres 2004 February 28, 2014
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Meursault 2010 July 31, 2013
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2009 January 31, 2013
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Chevalier Montrachet 2007 November 15, 2011
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Puligny Montrachet Les Folatieres 2004 August 31, 2011
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Le Montrachet 2000 August 24, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...