The Montrachet 2000 from Chateau de Puligny Montrachet was made before Etienne de Montille took over the vinification in 2001. The wine is aproaching maturity, with mature notes in both bouquet and on the palate. Quite heavy and a little tired in the fruit – not a masterpeice. Lacks the vibrant acidity and charm of the best wines from the top produceres. The Montrachet terroir does a good job, and is keeping this wine interesting, but in the end the lack of freshness and charm is pulling the wine down.
(Drink now) Fine – 92p
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Clos de Chateau 2012 July 25, 2015
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Meursault Les Perrieres 2007 July 22, 2014
- Chateau de Puligny-Montrachet, Meursault Perrieres 2004 February 28, 2014
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Meursault 2010 July 31, 2013
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2009 January 31, 2013
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Chevalier Montrachet 2007 November 15, 2011
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Puligny Montrachet Les Folatieres 2004 August 31, 2011
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Le Montrachet 2000 August 24, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...