The La Romanee 2002 is a very special wine, as it’s the first vintage of this great vineyard made under the management of Louis-Michel Liger-Belair. And what a debut on the big scene of the Grand Cru’s. In the bouquet lovely red and darker fruits, strawberries and forest berries perfumed with cherries, violets, rose petals and sous bois. Very complex and refined with a almost royal serenity and balance. On the palate very focused with lovely quite matured red fruit and a astonishing minerality and length. Intense but still very delicate and harmonious. A almost breathtaking long finish with layers of minerality interlinked with delicate pinot fruit. A spiritual pleasure – need 10 years more to reach a level of full maturity … and will most likely keep for several decades. The rating is perhaps slightly on the high side … but love the 2002 fruit displayed on a great terroir.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2011 July 20, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2010 June 28, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2009 June 21, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2014 July 7, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2014 June 25, 2016
- Visit Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – tasting of the 2016s Back to where it all began – when Winehog was conceived in July 2011 – at a tasting of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair. Back then it was the 2010 vintage now its the 2016 edition – how time flies! While the 2010 vintage still is my favourite vintage from this estate – I do think the ...
- Wine of the Month – June 2017 Wine of the Month is a way of celebrating the wine in the glass. Each month I will find a lovely and gratifying wine – not the greatest, not the best … but a interesting and enjoyable wine on the day … or as Clive Coates so eloquently puts it – a wine worthy ...
- The red 2016s – Impressions and first insights After running through my tasting notes from my June 2017 trip I have updated my impressions on the 2016 red Burgundies. Thibaud Clerget of Domaine Y. Clerget. I will update these impressions as I taste more 2016s over the next year, and add more insights ass I find them. Red Burgundies 2016 – style and impressions The 2016 red ...