The La Romanee 2002 is a very special wine, as it’s the first vintage of this great vineyard made under the management of Louis-Michel Liger-Belair. And what a debut on the big scene of the Grand Cru’s. In the bouquet lovely red and darker fruits, strawberries and forest berries perfumed with cherries, violets, rose petals and sous bois. Very complex and refined with a almost royal serenity and balance. On the palate very focused with lovely quite matured red fruit and a astonishing minerality and length. Intense but still very delicate and harmonious. A almost breathtaking long finish with layers of minerality interlinked with delicate pinot fruit. A spiritual pleasure – need 10 years more to reach a level of full maturity … and will most likely keep for several decades. The rating is perhaps slightly on the high side … but love the 2002 fruit displayed on a great terroir.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2015 December 15, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2010 December 5, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2011 December 2, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2011 July 20, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2010 June 28, 2017
- Visit Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – Re-tasting of the 2016s from cask Re-taste of the 2016s from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair … a delightful occupation. I first tasted the 2016s in June 2017, and while most of the wines showed well on that occasion, the extra six months of elevage have defined, detailed and clarified the picture of the wines. No doubt Louis-Michel Liger-Belair have done very well ...
- More tastings of the 2016s – exiting and delightful A very busy week with plenty of tastings – covering a large part of Burgundy. From Morey to Santenay in just the last days – meeting a lot of nice people making wines with love and talent. I’m always surprised how many new and fine estates one can find just scratching the surface. Domaine du Comte ...
- Visit Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – tasting of the 2016s Back to where it all began – when Winehog was conceived in July 2011 – at a tasting of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair. Back then it was the 2010 vintage now its the 2016 edition – how time flies! While the 2010 vintage still is my favourite vintage from this estate – I do think the ...