The Mazis-Chambertin 1995 from Domenique Laurent is approaching maturity. In the bouquet sous-bois, red fruits with notes of forest berries and a hint of tar. On the palate fine red fruit with. good complexity and focus – medium body and fine length. The tannins are quite fine, but the oak is still holding the finish in a quite firm grib. It’s not oaked to death, but the ok is still quite present in the wine, and a more moderate use of oak would most likely have produced a more free and refined wine. Nevertheless this bottle was a pleasure … so why complain!
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Dominique Laurent, Marsannay 2013 March 5, 2018
- Dominique Laurent, Musigny 1995 October 8, 2014
- Dominique Laurent, Vosne-Romanee Les Reignots 2011 January 20, 2014
- Dominique Laurent, Mazis Chambertin 1995 – Cuvee B January 15, 2013
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...