The Les Reignots from Dominique Laurent is surprisingly forward and quite charming. The nose is quite floral with a crisp raspberry fruit, lovely Vosne spices and a moderate touch of slightly toasted oak. On the palate crisp and pure red berry fruit, good energy and balance. Medium weight with a nice airy expression. Not a big Reignots but a quite delightful wine with a lovely expression of terroir and vibrant energy …. quite a pleasure although not a match for the big boys on this gorgeously mineralic terroir.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Dominique Laurent, Marsannay 2013 March 5, 2018
- Dominique Laurent, Musigny 1995 October 8, 2014
- Dominique Laurent, Vosne-Romanee Les Reignots 2011 January 20, 2014
- Dominique Laurent, Mazis Chambertin 1995 – Cuvee B January 15, 2013
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...