The Musigny 1995 from Dominique Laurent is not a poor wine .. but by most standards a dissappointting Musigny. The bouquet offer red fruit, some matured notes of sous-bois, and lastly some oak elements with a rather strange touch of marcipan. On the palate quite fine concentration and minerality … a bit hollow in the middle within the powerful framework of oak and tannins. A quite nice wine now … but really think the oak and the tannins will get the upper hand in the long run.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Dominique Laurent, Marsannay 2013 March 5, 2018
- Dominique Laurent, Musigny 1995 October 8, 2014
- Dominique Laurent, Vosne-Romanee Les Reignots 2011 January 20, 2014
- Dominique Laurent, Mazis Chambertin 1995 – Cuvee B January 15, 2013
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...