The Krug Vintage 2000 is the most accessible and harmonious young vintage Krug I have tasted. In the bouquet apple, yeast, almonds, white bread with notes of citrus. On the palate it’s crisp with a good nervy fruit and a lovely acidity. The fruit is quite vibrant but with a almost creamy feel. It’s delicate and fresh, and is showing little matured notes – still it’s very elegant and accessible at this early stage. The 2000 is lighter and more fresh than the massive 1998, but is somewhat lacking the ultimate focus and power of the 1990 and 1988 vintages. I prefer the 2000 over the Krug 1998 vintage, due to it’s nervy fruit and harmony, but they are quite evenly matched. A lovely and very drinkable effort from Krug.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Krug, Vintage 2000 September 17, 2012
- Krug, Grande Cuvee September 16, 2012
- Krug, Vintage 1998 September 15, 2012
- Krug, Vintage 1979 October 15, 2011
- Krug, Vintage 1998 August 12, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...