The Clos de Vougeot 2014 from Drouhin is a both juicy and focused wine. The nose is offering red and dark berry fruits – forward but a bit understated – with a deep earthy minerality – textbook Clos de Vougeot. On the palate quite full bodied offering a very fine mid-palate intensity – with a long and quite weighty finish. It’s juicy and quite forward – but will no doubt require quite some cellaring before it unfolds completely.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Latest tasting Notes for this producer
- Maison Joseph Drouhin, Clos de Vougeot 2014 May 25, 2016
- Maison Joseph Drouhin, Echezeaux 2014 May 25, 2016
- Joseph Drouhin, Meursault Goutte d’Or 1964 December 23, 2014
- Joseph Drouhin, Pommard Les Boucherottes 1962 December 21, 2014
- Joseph Drouhin, Vosne Romanee Petits-Monts 2007 October 9, 2011
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Mugnier Chambolle Musigny Les Amoureuses Les Amoureuses …. a name signaling passion and desire. It’s one of the most sought after wines in Burgundy – indeed difficult to find despite a quite healthy production from the multiple owners and quite a few negociants that also produce this seductive Chambolle 1er cru. One of the top interpretations of Les Amoureuses comes from ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...