The Clos de Vougeot is a step up in weight from the Malconsort – but can in my view not quite match the complexity. In the nose rich and quite dense – red and dark cherries – spiced with a touch of oak and a earthy minerality. On the palate rich and balanced with a lovely quite vibrant fruit. It’s very harmonious and pure but perhaps lacking a bit of nerve and tension compared to the Malconsort and the Echezeaux – but nevertheless a lovely wine.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Clos Frantin, Vosne-Romanee Malconsorts 2005 December 20, 2015
- Domaine du Clos Frantin, Echezeaux 2012 July 11, 2015
- Domaine du Clos Frantin, Vosne-Romanee Malconsorts 2012 July 4, 2015
- Domaine du Clos Frantin, Gevrey Chambertin Les Murots 2012 December 22, 2013
- Domaine du Clos Frantin, Nuits-Saint-Georges 2012 December 21, 2013
- Domaine du Clos Frantin, Vosne Romanee 2012 December 16, 2013
- Domaine du Clos Frantin, Clos de Vougeot 2012 December 13, 2013
- Domaine du Clos Frantin, Vosne-Romanee Malconsorts 2012 December 12, 2013
- Domaine du Clos Frantin, Echezeaux 2012 December 11, 2013
- Domaine du Clos Frantin, Grands Echezeaux 2012 December 8, 2013
- Domaine du Clos Frantin, Chambertin 2012 December 7, 2013
- Domaine du Clos Frantin, Richebourg 2012 December 6, 2013
- Visit Domaine du Clos Frantin, Tasting of the 2015s from cask On my June trip to Burgundy I had the pleasure of tasting the 2015s from Domaine du Clos Frantin – a brand/estate within the Maison Albert Bichot group. Domaine du Clos Frantin is the top brand of Bichot and makes the top reds from Cote de Nuits, the winemaker is the talented Cyrille Jacquelin. I also tasted ...
- More impressions of the 2015 vintage On my third day of visits in Burgundy I had four tasings … Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Domaine Hereztyn-Mazzini, Albert Bichot and lastly Domaine Nicolas Faure. The visits confirmed the high quality of the 2015 vintage, but also some indications of the challenges for those who harvested later. The tastings also show that some individual wines ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine du Clos Frantin Aux Malconsorts Vosne Romanee Malconsorts is the fast rising star of the 1er crus in the appellation. The fame and fortune of this vineyard is closely related to Domaine Cathiard’s magnificent Malconsorts, and the arrival of two new top producers in 2005 – Domaine Dujac and Domaine Montille. The largest owner of Malconsorts is however less hyped than ...