The Chambertin 2012 from Frantin is a very refined and seductive wine. In the nose very elegant and cool offering airy red fruit, wet stones in a otherwise quite earthy minerality. On the palate very airy and intense red and dark fruit – dancing like a ballerina on a intense yet very refined and finely grained minerality. It’s long and very intense but still lightfooted and very filigree – a truly beautiful and refined Chambertin.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Clos Frantin, Vosne-Romanee Malconsorts 2005 December 20, 2015
- Domaine du Clos Frantin, Echezeaux 2012 July 11, 2015
- Domaine du Clos Frantin, Vosne-Romanee Malconsorts 2012 July 4, 2015
- Domaine du Clos Frantin, Gevrey Chambertin Les Murots 2012 December 22, 2013
- Domaine du Clos Frantin, Nuits-Saint-Georges 2012 December 21, 2013
- Domaine du Clos Frantin, Vosne Romanee 2012 December 16, 2013
- Domaine du Clos Frantin, Clos de Vougeot 2012 December 13, 2013
- Domaine du Clos Frantin, Vosne-Romanee Malconsorts 2012 December 12, 2013
- Domaine du Clos Frantin, Echezeaux 2012 December 11, 2013
- Domaine du Clos Frantin, Grands Echezeaux 2012 December 8, 2013
- Domaine du Clos Frantin, Chambertin 2012 December 7, 2013
- Domaine du Clos Frantin, Richebourg 2012 December 6, 2013
- Visit to Domaine du Clos Frantin – Tasting the 2019s from caskAlbert Bichot and its top brand, Clos Frantin, are large portfolios, and regardless of the restraint shown by Philippe de Marcilly (Bichot’s commercial director), its tastings always go beyond 30 wines – more than I can integrate into one article. I will therefore break them up, starting out with the wines from Domaine du Clos ...
- Brandis Tasting – the delightful 2017 vintageDomaine Brandis, with Tom Brandis at the wheel, is one of Denmark’s main Burgundy importers. In early November, Tom held his large Wine Festival with a very fine lineup of delightful producers – French, German, Italian; you name it, they were there. A very, very rare bird I had a short splash and dash at this tasting, as I ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine du Clos Frantin, RichebourgDomaine du Clos Frantin is the owner of the smallest plot on Richebourg – or should I say Les Verroilles ou Richebourg, and while the production is small, it’s a both attractive and rare wine. Maison Albert Bichot is of cause the owner of the Domaine du Clos Frantin estate, an estate they based on buying ...