The 2016 Meursault Perrieres from Maison Morey-Coffinet is showing beautiful balance and intensity. The nose offer plenty of cool and vibrant fruit – fine intensity and depth – fine citrus and oak infused minerality. On the palate lovely depth and effortless airy fruit – not extremely concentrated for the vintage – but instead with a lovely balance as the best 2016s offer. Please note this is a negociant bottling – delightful nevertheless.
(Drink From 2025) – Very Fine+(93 – 95p) – Tasted 20/03/2018
<3>Latest tasting notes for the producer
- Domaine Morey-Coffinet, Chassagne-Montrachet En Caillerets 2016 April 4, 2018
- Maison Morey-Coffinet, Corton 2016 March 24, 2018
- Domaine Morey-Coffinet, Chassagne-Montrachet La Romanée 2016 March 22, 2018
- Maison Morey-Coffinet, Meursault Perrieres 2016 March 22, 2018
- Domaine Morey-Coffinet, Chassagne Dent de Chien 2005 May 28, 2017
- Domaine Morey-Coffinet, Chassagne Blanchots Dessus 2012 May 28, 2017
- The red 2016s – Impressions and first insights After running through my tasting notes from my June 2017 trip I have updated my impressions on the 2016 red Burgundies. Thibaud Clerget of Domaine Y. Clerget. I will update these impressions as I taste more 2016s over the next year, and add more insights ass I find them. Red Burgundies 2016 – style and impressions The 2016 red ...
- Visit Domaine Morey-Coffinet – tasting of the 2016s The village of Chassagne-Montrachet offer a large range of fine producers – many producing high quality whites – but Domaine Morey-Coffinet seem to take the wines to a higher level than most in my view. Domaine Morey-Coffinet is managed by the very competent and friendly Thibault Morey who received us generously in late March 2017 to ...