The 2017 Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles is a brilliant wine. Classic Pucelles nose – with hay, orange notes (caramelised orange peel) – vivid and relatively forceful. On the palate long, refined and intense with a lovely airiness and refinement. Better that Chassagene Cailleret …. a tie probably.
(Drink From 2028) – Very Fine(93 – 94p) – Tasted 21/11/2018
<3>Latest tasting notes for the producer
- Domaine Morey-Coffinet, Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles 2017 November 22, 2018
- Domaine Morey-Coffinet, Chassagne-Montrachet En Caillerets 2017 November 21, 2018
- Domaine Morey-Coffinet, Chassagne-Montrachet En Caillerets 2016 April 4, 2018
- Maison Morey-Coffinet, Corton 2016 March 24, 2018
- Domaine Morey-Coffinet, Chassagne-Montrachet La Romanée 2016 March 22, 2018
- Maison Morey-Coffinet, Meursault Perrieres 2016 March 22, 2018
- Domaine Morey-Coffinet, Chassagne Dent de Chien 2005 May 28, 2017
- Domaine Morey-Coffinet, Chassagne Blanchots Dessus 2012 May 28, 2017
- Visit Domaine Morey-Coffinet, tasting the 2018 whites Some estates I visit often, others rarely; but first and foremost, I try to taste interesting wines for the benefit of the readers – and of my palate and pleasure! Morey-Coffinet is one of the estates I visit often, as I have a good relationship with the Danish importer and with Thibault Morey. I therefore have ...
- Visit Domaine Morey-Coffinet – Impressions from tasting the 2018s It’s early .. I know .. yet here are some initial impressions on the 2018s from Domaine Morey-Coffinet. I have had the pleasure of tasting most of the Morey-Coffinet 2018 wines two times already – once in November and once in the middle of February. Both tasting quite or if you like very early – and ...
- 2017 pleasures from bottle – Morey-Coffinet A slightly strange year for me, as the autumn sort of was delayed a bit due to a minor set back. Now back in the game with a quick tasting of some Morey-Coffinet 2017 – seriously delightful wines – forward and vivid. I very happy to see the 2017s perform like this – just out of the ...
- Visit Domaine Morey-Coffinet – tasting of the white 2017s What can I say – really happy to be back at Morey-Coffinet visiting the great wines of Thibault Morey – this time the 2017s. A lovely vintage – with good production – relatively classic with some sunny sides to the wines – as many vintages these years. The wines are charming, enjoyable, balanced with fine energy and ...
- Notes and comments to visits in May 2018 The 2017s are showing beautifully in most cases – considering it’s rather early in the elevage. Malo in most cases were finished very or fairly early, and reds are given the nature of the vintage made with a rather light hand – also making the wines easier to taste at this stage. In my view it’s ...