The 2017 Chassagne Les Caillerets is a tremendous wine – liquid stone and a classic Caillerets in the best sense of the word. The nose offer cool and crushed stones – airy and detailed with a fine hint of anise. The fruit is rather cool, and organic. On the palate vivid fruit, a very detailed mineral backbone. Love the vivacious stony spirit and feel. Love the mineral note in this wine.
(Drink From 2028) – Very Fine(93 – 94p) – Tasted 21/11/2018
<3>Latest tasting notes for the producer
- Domaine Morey-Coffinet, Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles 2017 November 22, 2018
- Domaine Morey-Coffinet, Chassagne-Montrachet En Caillerets 2017 November 21, 2018
- Domaine Morey-Coffinet, Chassagne-Montrachet En Caillerets 2016 April 4, 2018
- Maison Morey-Coffinet, Corton 2016 March 24, 2018
- Domaine Morey-Coffinet, Chassagne-Montrachet La Romanée 2016 March 22, 2018
- Maison Morey-Coffinet, Meursault Perrieres 2016 March 22, 2018
- Domaine Morey-Coffinet, Chassagne Dent de Chien 2005 May 28, 2017
- Domaine Morey-Coffinet, Chassagne Blanchots Dessus 2012 May 28, 2017
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Morey-Coffinet Bâtard-Montrachet Thibault Morey has vineyards that surround Montrachet, and while he don’t have a plot in the mightiest white grand cru of them all, he has many top-level appellations in his portfolio. Thibault has two – no, three – plots located very close to the promised land. One is Chassagne-Montrachet Les Blanchots Dessus, just a few ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Morey-Coffinet Chassagne Dent de Chien Montrachet is a legendary vineyard, and while its boundaries have been defined since 1921, some neighbouring plots and parcels are more closely related to it than others. Thibault Morey has two – no, three – plots located very close to the promised land. One is in Chassagne-Montrachet Les Blanchots Dessus, just a few meters south of ...
- The grace and energy of the 2019s – visit to Domaine Morey-Coffinet I have the privilege of tasting Thibault Morey’s wines more than once a year – a treat and luxury I am not accustomed to as a wine journalist or, if you like, the more technical title of Winehog CTO (Chief Tasting Officer) ☺️ I have already tasted his 2019s a couple of times, initially just a ...
- Visit Domaine Morey-Coffinet, tasting the 2018 whites Some estates I visit often, others rarely; but first and foremost, I try to taste interesting wines for the benefit of the readers – and of my palate and pleasure! Morey-Coffinet is one of the estates I visit often, as I have a good relationship with the Danish importer and with Thibault Morey. I therefore have ...
- Visit Domaine Morey-Coffinet – Impressions from tasting the 2018s It’s early .. I know .. yet here are some initial impressions on the 2018s from Domaine Morey-Coffinet. I have had the pleasure of tasting most of the Morey-Coffinet 2018 wines two times already – once in November and once in the middle of February. Both tasting quite or if you like very early – and ...