The combination of the 1993 vintage and the vinification style of Bernard Dugat-Py in the mid 90s could potentially go very wrong – but somehow it doesn’t. The Petite-Chapelle 93 offer quite fresh raspberry fruit, a earthy minerality, notes of tar and even slight hints of forest floor. The nose is rustic but surprisingly youthful and fruity. On the palate quite rustic with the dominant somewhat crude 1993 struture combined with a quite good midpalate fruit. It’s very much alive – but strangely undeveloped lacking a bit of complexity from matured notes. Will it gain this complexity before the structure wins the battle with the fruit …. not likely! Not a bad wine though ..
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Dugat-Py, Le Chambertin 2002 April 28, 2016
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey-Chambertin Vieilles Vignes 2011 March 5, 2014
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey-Chambertin Lavaux Saint Jacques 1999 October 29, 2013
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin Coeur de Roy 1999 October 2, 2013
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin Coeur du Roy 2002 June 30, 2013
- Dugat-Py, Mazis Chambertin 2000 June 25, 2013
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey-Chambertin Petite-Chapelle 2002 June 23, 2013
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey-Chambertin Petite-Chapelle 1993 June 22, 2013
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin Coeur du Roy 2010 March 7, 2013
- Dugat-Py, Vosne Romanee Vieilles Vignes 2002 January 28, 2013
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey-Chambertin Laveaux Saint Jacques 2002 December 4, 2012
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin Coeur du Roy 1999 April 11, 2012
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin Coeur du Roy 2002 February 9, 2012
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin VV 2002 August 26, 2011
- Bernard Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin 1er cru 2002 August 13, 2011
- In the Glass – Dugat-Py matured! Dugat-Py in Gevrey-Chambertin is in many ways a quite extreme producer, with very concentrated and intense wines. Some really adore his style, while others dislike the quite extracted wines he makes. While the level of extraction have been reduced since the 90s it’s still interesting to see how these more extracted vintages are ageing today. This weekend ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...