The Mazis Chambertin 2000 from Dugat-Py is still surprisingly youthful and fresh. In the bouquet ripe and deep red berry fruit with fresh notes of raspberries – spiced with truffles and a lovely earthy minerlity. On the palate layers of deep and intense red fruit – complex, rich and quite dense. It’s long, harmonious and perfectly balanced – very impressive for the vintage. It’s drinking quite well now … but will improve with further cellaring. Bottom line – a great effort for the 2000 vintage – but lacking the depth and nerve of a great vintage.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Dugat-Py, Le Chambertin 2002 April 28, 2016
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey-Chambertin Vieilles Vignes 2011 March 5, 2014
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey-Chambertin Lavaux Saint Jacques 1999 October 29, 2013
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin Coeur de Roy 1999 October 2, 2013
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin Coeur du Roy 2002 June 30, 2013
- Dugat-Py, Mazis Chambertin 2000 June 25, 2013
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey-Chambertin Petite-Chapelle 2002 June 23, 2013
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey-Chambertin Petite-Chapelle 1993 June 22, 2013
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin Coeur du Roy 2010 March 7, 2013
- Dugat-Py, Vosne Romanee Vieilles Vignes 2002 January 28, 2013
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey-Chambertin Laveaux Saint Jacques 2002 December 4, 2012
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin Coeur du Roy 1999 April 11, 2012
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin Coeur du Roy 2002 February 9, 2012
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin VV 2002 August 26, 2011
- Bernard Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin 1er cru 2002 August 13, 2011
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Dugat-Py ChambertinThere are the king, the queen and then the knights of Chambertin. Or to put it in local terms: Rousseau, Leroy and, amongst the knights perhaps the most difficult to find, Dugat-Py. In any case, certainly one of the rarest birds in the Burgundy vineyard. The mighty – and scarce – Dugat-Py Chambertin is a relatively ...
- In the Glass – Dugat-Py matured!Dugat-Py in Gevrey-Chambertin is in many ways a quite extreme producer, with very concentrated and intense wines. Some really adore his style, while others dislike the quite extracted wines he makes. While the level of extraction have been reduced since the 90s it’s still interesting to see how these more extracted vintages are ageing today. This weekend ...
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...