The Vosne-Romanee 2002 V.V. is really starting to show. It’s made from the two Flagey lieux-dits, Les Quartier de Nuits and Les Violettes. The bouquet is showing sweet red fruit with notes of raspberries, sous-bois, asian spices – hints of violets, orange peel. On the palate still quite some grip from the tannins, but also a good concentration of maturing red fruit. The fruit is dense and well structured with a both silky and tannic touch. It’s focused, quite refined and very powerful for this level. Need 5 years more to unfold the palate. A very good effort – would however have prefered a little less Dugat-Py and more Vosne-Romanee.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Prices and store information is provided by wine-searcher.com
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin Coeur du Roy 2010 March. 7. 2013
- Dugat-Py, Vosne Romanee Vieilles Vignes 2002 January. 28. 2013
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey-Chambertin Laveaux Saint Jacques 2002 December. 4. 2012
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin Coeur du Roy 1999 April. 11. 2012
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin Coeur du Roy 2002 February. 9. 2012
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin VV 2002 August. 26. 2011
- Bernard Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin 1er cru 2002 August. 13. 2011
- In the Glass – Dugat-Py matured! Dugat-Py in Gevrey-Chambertin is in many ways a quite extreme producer, with very concentrated and intense wines. Some really adore his style, while others dislike the quite extracted wines he makes. While the level of extraction have been reduced since the 90s it’s still interesting to see how these more extracted vintages are ageing today. This weekend ...