The Richebourg 2012 from Gros Frere et Soeur is very fine effort but lacking a bit of weight and intensity compared to the big boys and girls on the Richebourg vineyard. The nose is currently slightly reduced with ample oak and underlaying layers of red and dark berry fruit. On the palate finely focused fruit … nice concentration and transparency with a lovely powerful minerality from the mighty Richebourg terroir. Im missing a bit of intensity here – but I’m sure time will ad some weight to match the mineralic backbone.
Latest tasting Notes for this producer
- Gros Frere et Soeur, Richebourg 2012 May 26, 2014
- Gros Frere et Soeur, Richebourg 2011 April 26, 2013
- Gros Frere et Soeur, Grands Echezeaux 2011 April 25, 2013
- Gros Frere et Soeur, Clos de Vougeot 1976 October 5, 2012
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...