The Grands Echezeaux 2011 from Gros Frere et Soeur is a quite attractive wine in the making.
The bouquet offer aromas of dark berries, cherries, liquorice and a lovely Vosne spicyness. On the palate quite rich and lush fruit with a good energy. It offer good complexity and is well focused with the oak offering good support – without being dominant. A fine Grands Echezeaux in the making.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Gros Frere et Soeur, Richebourg 2012 May 26, 2014
- Gros Frere et Soeur, Richebourg 2011 April 26, 2013
- Gros Frere et Soeur, Grands Echezeaux 2011 April 25, 2013
- Gros Frere et Soeur, Clos de Vougeot 1976 October 5, 2012
- Terroir Insight: Gros Frère et Soeur Clos de Vougeot Clos de Vougeot has a magic ring to it, despite the fact that many wines from this large vineyard are what one could call somewhat disappointing, In the last 10-15 years quality has, however, improved notably and is often now more in line with expectations. One of the most famous sections of the clos is the ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points My aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...