The Richebourg 2012 from Gros Frere et Soeur is very fine effort but lacking a bit of weight and intensity compared to the big boys and girls on the Richebourg vineyard. The nose is currently slightly reduced with ample oak and underlaying layers of red and dark berry fruit. On the palate finely focused fruit … nice concentration and transparency with a lovely powerful minerality from the mighty Richebourg terroir. Im missing a bit of intensity here – but I’m sure time will ad some weight to match the mineralic backbone.
Latest tasting Notes for this producer
- Gros Frere et Soeur, Richebourg 2012 May 26, 2014
- Gros Frere et Soeur, Richebourg 2011 April 26, 2013
- Gros Frere et Soeur, Grands Echezeaux 2011 April 25, 2013
- Gros Frere et Soeur, Clos de Vougeot 1976 October 5, 2012
- Terroir Insight: Gros Frère et Soeur Clos de VougeotClos de Vougeot has a magic ring to it, despite the fact that many wines from this large vineyard are what one could call somewhat disappointing, In the last 10-15 years quality has, however, improved notably and is often now more in line with expectations. One of the most famous sections of the clos is the ...
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...