The Richebourg 2011 from Gros Frere et Soeur is a strong display of Vosne terroir. The bouquet offer a lovely spicy minerality with notes of violets, all spice, liquorice, coffee and red berry fruit. On the palate quite rich fruit with a powerful backbone of minerality. It’s a quite complex despite the quite heavy oak notes, and the long and intense mineralic finish is textbook Richebourg. A very fine Richebourg in the making.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Gros Frere et Soeur, Richebourg 2012 May 26, 2014
- Gros Frere et Soeur, Richebourg 2011 April 26, 2013
- Gros Frere et Soeur, Grands Echezeaux 2011 April 25, 2013
- Gros Frere et Soeur, Clos de Vougeot 1976 October 5, 2012
- WineHog rating system – more than points My aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...