The 1996 Coche-Dury Meursault Perrieres is the best Meursault I have tasted, and among the very best dry whites on my list of great bottles. It was fantastic when served back in 2002 at a memorable dinner at Restaurant Emerils in New Orleans. The bouquet was bursting with minerality and the caracteristic lemon aromas of the 1996 vintage. On the palate great length and focus, but also with a quite full and rich core of fruit. Really crisp acidity and offering great complexity. Summing up it had all the qualities I value in a great white Burgundy, and with a length and minerality normally only found in the Grand crus of Puligny – a truly memorable wine.
(Drink from 2015) Outstanding – 96p
Tasted 05/03/2002 at Restaurant Emerils in New Orleans
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Coche-Dury, Meursault 1999 January 2, 2018
- Domaine Coche-Dury, Meursault 2014 April 6, 2017
- Domaine Coche-Dury, Meursault 2006 January 20, 2017
- Domaine Coche-Dury, Meursault Les Genevrieres 2012 March 28, 2016
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault Les Perrieres 2009 February 6, 2016
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault Les Chevalieres 1996 February 6, 2016
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault Les Rougeots 1992 February 6, 2016
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault 2011 April 1, 2015
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault 2011 November 26, 2014
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Corton-Charlemagne 1993 September 23, 2014
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault 2011 December 14, 2013
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault Les Rougeots 2004 March 25, 2013
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault 2008 November 1, 2012
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault 2000 July 7, 2012
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Auxey Duresses 2008 July 5, 2012
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault 2009 June 14, 2012
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault 2007 April 23, 2012
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault 1999 February 5, 2012
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault Perrieres 2008 January 26, 2012
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault Perrieres 1996 January 24, 2012
- J.-F. Coche-Dury, Meursault 2008 January 14, 2012
- J.-F. Coche Dury, Meursault 2009 October 17, 2011
- J.-F. Coche Dury, Meursault 2004 October 16, 2011
- J.-F. Coche Dury Meursault 2008 June 1, 2011
- The best village terroirs in Meursault – a historic view Single vineyard village wines are becoming more and more popular in Burgundy, as the focus on terroir and the quality of the different climates increases. Meursault is one of the appellations where the tradition with single vineyard village is becoming more deeply rooted in the Burgundian soil. Producers like Coche-Dury and Domaine Roulot have a quite large ...
- Seize the wine – Henri Jayer, Richebourg 1985 Seize the wine … seize the day when you see the great bottle. Wine prices are going trough the roof and I’m pretty sure they will rise even further in the future. So if you find “The” wine at a expensive but resonably fair price on a restaurant or in a wine shop … seize ...
- Village wines blended or single vineyard It seems like a growing number of producers in Burgundy are producing single vineyard village wines, thus changing the tradition of blending the village wines in to one cuvee. For some producers it’s an old tradition, but for others it’s a new approach. But is single vineyard village wines a good idea, or just another ...
- Harvest at J.-F. Coche-Dury – watch the video Great video, where you can follow the harvest at Domaine J.-F. Coche-Dury. Watch how some of the greatest white wines are made. Enjoy! Please note will not video will not play on mobile devices.
- Video from the cellar of Coche-Dury Visit the great Coche-Dury – and watch him working in the cellar. Enjoy!
- Coche-Dury – King of Meursault Domaine J.-F. Coche-Dury is one of the very best white wine producers in the world, thus also in Burgundy. The Domaine is located in Meursault, and most of the wines comes from the appelation. Coche-Dury’s a bit of a myth among wine connoisseurs, and I have therefore tried to get behind the scene, and analyzed the ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...