Beaune Coucheraux Grand Cru 1955 fro Louis Jadot. The wine was very developed, but still had some fruit and body, but it is in serious decline. Difficult to judge a wine like this, but it’s still hiding elements of greatness behind the oxidized bouquet.(Drink now) – 86p
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Louis Jadot, Batard-Montrachet 1996 January 5, 2018
- Louis Jadot, Savigny Les Beaune 1er cru 2008 September 2, 2016
- Maison Louis Jadot, Bonnes Mares 1962 January 24, 2016
- Maison Louis Jadot, Beaune Les Avaux 1999 January 17, 2016
- Louis Jadot, Chambertin Clos de Béze 1996 October 18, 2015
- Louis Jadot, Volnay Santenots 1980 June 28, 2015
- Louis Jadot, Gevrey Chambertin Clos Saint-Jacques 1996 July 16, 2014
- Louis Jadot, Gevrey Chambertin Clos Saint Jacques 1990 January 6, 2014
- Louis Jadot, Beaune Clos des Ursules 1990 November 25, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Beaune Clos des Ursules 1996 August 31, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Chassagne-Montrachet Morgeot 1996 January 29, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Meursault Genevrieres 1999 January 17, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Meursault Blagny 1988 January 16, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Batard Montrachet 1995 September 16, 2011
- Louis Jadot Les Cazetiers 1990 June 27, 2011
- Louis Jadot Beaune Coucheraux 1955 June 27, 2011
- Louis Jadot Chassagne Les Caillerets 1989 June 27, 2011
- Hailstorm in the Premeaux area – July 15th 2018 On Sunday July 15th a hailstorm hit the Premeaux area – damage reported from the northern part of Premeaux to the northern part of Ladoix. Severe damage repported by some growers, and as always the damage is rather random. Nicolas Faure reported 50% damage on his Premeaux cuvées i.e. his Gamay and Bourgogne rouge – a significant ...
- Visit Joseph Drouhin – tasting the white 2017s from cask Travelling Burgundy – I do taste a lot of good wines and meet a lot of talented and great people … from Meurilly on the Côte to the outskirts Beaune, from a diminutive cellars to the Drouhin facilities, from Nicolas Faure to Veronique Drouhin. Different worlds one could say … yet in the end … the ...
- Visit Domaine Nicolas Faure, tasting of the 2017s from cask What can I say … great to be back in the diminutive cellar at Domaine Nicolas Faure in Meuilley. My first visit to Meuilley was in the summer of 2016 – and while I had heard about the wines from Nicolas Faure, he was then still relatively unknown. Now two years later his wines are famous – ...
- The Robert Drouhin Treasure – auction news The Jayer Auction earlier this summer showed that only the sky is the limit for the prices of rare Burgundies – if the provenance is impeccable and the wines are of unique quality and reputation. Records are however set to be broken, and the upcoming Auction from the Robert Drouhin private collection will most certainly break ...
- Visit Domaine Jean Chartron – tasting the 2017s from cask Puligny-Montrachet should somehow represent the pinnacle of white Burgundy – but during the last one or two decades the producers of Puligny have been seriously challenged by estates from other appellations. Things are however changing, and new talented estates appear and old prominent estates reappear with a improved quality, a revived style and a new dynamic ...
- Visit Domaine Coquard-Loison-Fleurot – tasting the 2017s from cask A few years back one could find wines from Domaine Coquard-Loison-Fleurot in local supermarkets in Beaune, and quite a lot of the wine from this estate was sold to negociants. Things are however changing rapidly – and the Coquard-Loison-Fleurot wines are now in high demand in more and more areas of the world. This is ...
- Visit Domaine Thomas-Collardot – tasting the 2017s from cask Domaine Thomas-Collardot is one of the new discoveries of 2018 – a relatively new and small estate, making some vivid and pure wines in Puligny-Montrachet. To be honest the Puligny-Montrachet scene has been somewhat quiet the last years but suddenly the rather static situation has been changed and this year I’m please to report more new ...
- Collins Corner #17 – Blondeau of Volnay There once was a man, that in his lifetime, became known as the “Saint of Volnay”. He earned the name; He was instrumental in building the town school , he restored the Volnay church, and in 1809 he named the Hospices de Charite’ the inheritor of his vineyards to ensure the care of five elderly inhabitants ...