Beaune Coucheraux Grand Cru 1955 fro Louis Jadot. The wine was very developed, but still had some fruit and body, but it is in serious decline. Difficult to judge a wine like this, but it’s still hiding elements of greatness behind the oxidized bouquet.(Drink now) – 86p
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Louis Jadot, Batard-Montrachet 1996 January 5, 2018
- Louis Jadot, Savigny Les Beaune 1er cru 2008 September 2, 2016
- Maison Louis Jadot, Bonnes Mares 1962 January 24, 2016
- Maison Louis Jadot, Beaune Les Avaux 1999 January 17, 2016
- Louis Jadot, Chambertin Clos de Béze 1996 October 18, 2015
- Louis Jadot, Volnay Santenots 1980 June 28, 2015
- Louis Jadot, Gevrey Chambertin Clos Saint-Jacques 1996 July 16, 2014
- Louis Jadot, Gevrey Chambertin Clos Saint Jacques 1990 January 6, 2014
- Louis Jadot, Beaune Clos des Ursules 1990 November 25, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Beaune Clos des Ursules 1996 August 31, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Chassagne-Montrachet Morgeot 1996 January 29, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Meursault Genevrieres 1999 January 17, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Meursault Blagny 1988 January 16, 2013
- Louis Jadot, Batard Montrachet 1995 September 16, 2011
- Louis Jadot Les Cazetiers 1990 June 27, 2011
- Louis Jadot Beaune Coucheraux 1955 June 27, 2011
- Louis Jadot Chassagne Les Caillerets 1989 June 27, 2011
- Domaine Méo-Camuzet … tasting a few 2016s I had the pleasure of tasting a few of the Méo-Camuzet 2016s during the Grand Jours de Bourgogne. Jean-Nicolas Méo was as usual showing a range of his wines at the big Grands Jours de Bourgogne tasting at Clos de Vougeot. A rather intense tasting at the Chateau – with many people. I did however have a ...
- Last chance to get a genuine bottle of Henri Jayer? 855 bottles of Henri Jayer + 209 magnums of Henri Jayer – too good to be true – actually not. The daughters of Henri Jayer – Lydie and Dominique Jayer – have put the remaining wine collection of the former Henri Jayer estate on auction in Geneva. The auction is held by Baghera/Wines who have worked intensely ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Hudelot-Noëllat, Richebourg Domaine Hudelot-Noëllat have a gorgeous collection of vineyards – and Charles van Canneyt has steadiley improved the quality over the last years. The 2015s and the 2016s have moved Hudelot-Noëllat up into another league, and especially the Richbourg 2016 really impressed me. So lets take a closer look at the Hudelot-Noëllat plot on Richebourg. The Hüdelot-Noëllat plot ...
- Domaine Cruchandeau … newish estate – at least to me Domaine Cruchandeau is a relatively newish estate located in Chaux (just above Nuits-Saint-Georges). The Domaine was brought to life in 2003 by Julien Cruchandeau – a former chef and musician – but it was not until 2010 Julien focused fully on the wine business – and toned down the music career. As with many new estates ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Armand Rousseau, Charmes-Chambertin The portfolio of Domaine Armand Rousseau is large and prominent, including some of the best wines made in the Gevrey-Chambertin appellation. One wine is however somewhat overlooked and perhaps even a bit misunderstood and that is the Charmes-Chambertin. The Charmes-Chambertin is the entry level Grand Cru at Domaine Rousseau, and is – one could say – made ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Armand Rousseau Clos de la Roche (update) Gevrey-Chambertin is Rousseau and Domaine Armand Rousseau is Gevrey-Chambertin – to a large extend, as this fabulous and legendary estate have done so much to increase the fame and fortune of the appellation. But in all fairness Domaine Armand Rousseau also have a large Grand Cru outside the Gevrey appellation, and while it’s not as famours ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine J.-F. Mugnier Musigny (update) Frédéric Mugnier is in my view producing some of the most enchanting wines of Burgundy – delicate, complex and sensual. Top of the Mugnier line is the mighty Musigny, so lets take a closer look at the terroir behind this magnificent wine. Photo: Frédéric Mugnier in 2016 at the tasting of the 2015 vintage from cask The Mugnier ...
- Terroir Insight: Joseph Drouhin Musigny Musigny is a relatively large vineyard yet the Musigny wines are becoming a very rare treat these days, as the demand for this illusive and mineral driven wine is increasing by the hour it seems. Until recently the Joseph Drouhin Musigny was unknown territory for me, but within the last few months I have had the ...